Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Fethiye Market
10 Posts
Fethiye market is on a Tuesday, if you are getting the dolmus just ask for the Bazaar and they will let you off at the right spot
thanks for your info, always thought it was on a monday, and that we missed it due to traveling.

is it better than the so called market in the front ?
Hi Gregg :wave:

What are you hoping to buy ? We went to the Tuesday market last summer and I thought it was pretty pricey compared to when we went two years previous.

We were mainly looking at clothes. I tried bartering, was trying to get 2 pair casual 3/4 trousers (nike style rip-offs, thin poly/cotton) for DS who was 13 and the time and some 3/4 length (jog material) for DD15, plus a couple of pairs of cotton shorts for my hubbie. I thought by bumping it up to 5 items I might get a discount. No chance !

I walked away telling him I could get cheaper in the UK, he just let me go. :(

Was about the equvilent of 35 quid and not brill quality. I could do better here. DH had better quality shorts from Tesco for 8 GBP (sale admittedly), DS 6 GBP. No point in us buying. :(

Daughter got a nice leather purse, but the same price as ones here in Next. Son a cheapo watch which broke within a week of getting home.

They weren't doing much trade, but it was mega hot in July/Aug. Some people on our coach got out felt the heat and immediatley ordered a cab back to the hotel. Ekk!

Doe :wave
Hi doe,

think we have chatted b4 regarding lykia world ? :whoops :offtop

Yes just wanting to buy things like you said, we all like a bargain, had that trouble in olu Deniz, tried to buy 5 items ( Shirts ) and they would not drop the price, just thought markets would be better, like we have here in uk on a sunday !!

seems their markets are their shops !!

ok

thanks all for your replies, think i have made up my mind !!!! beach durning the day ... bar during the night NO MARKET :rofl :cheers
LOL :rofl I might have just caught them on a bad day. Trouble is we are spoilt for choice here in the UK on the cheap clothes front, there certainly didnt seem to be many bargains at Fethyie Market that day.

We only really went as we fancied a day out in Fethyie away from Lykia. Thomas Cook did a day trip for a fiver per person on an airconditioned mini-bus, you went to the the gold centre, the market, a hand bag shop, a leather and fur coat shop and a turkish delight factory (great fun), with a break in the middle to get your own lunch. It was a good day out as the TC Girl had lived in Turkey for 15 years and gave us loads of info on the various drives.

My best buy was a huge bag of turkish meat spices that I bought in the TD factory, you put a tablespoon in your bolognese or lasagne sauce, it's still going strong eight months later and I use it at least once a week.

Are you going back to Lykia ? if so it might be worth seeing if they still run this as it was a good day, as you are chauffered about from place to place and you don't actually get to spend too long in one place.

You can get a bit of a hard sell in the Gold Centre, but I really needed a pair of gold earings anyway so not too much of a problem for us. :rofl

Doe :wave
hi doe,

yes returning on 8th june only for one week always due to work !! :cry ,

will continue this on lykia world tread

gregg
I was at the market on Tuesday, we bought loads of perfume, after shave, T~shirts, sweat shirts etc... the best deal were the T~shirts... 5 for 10 Liras, my son couldnt believe it!!...
The fruit was beautiful too, got some really lovely strawberries for a couple of Liras.. and they actually tasted like strawberries, not like the rubbish we seem to get in the UK.
I really enjoyed the market.... the banter was good and all the haggling etc for a better price was all in good humour and we really enjoyed it even tho I know some people got a better price for a certain sweatshirt than me, i came away with a smile on my face so was happy enough... ;)
try some of the other markets like calis sunday market, gocek market thats a nice day out or the saturday market on the antalia road :sun2
Went to the market in Hisaronu on the Monday whilst i was there last year. Bought a couple of Paul & Shark jumpers for about £25 each. They proved to be excellent value having wore them a lot this Winter. T-shirts and shorts were good value too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.