Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
few questions
15 Posts
Hi gordon-maxx,

Welcome to the board.

The clubs, such as Lazur, in Sunny Beach tend to close at around 5-6 a.m., so Sunny Beach should suit your requirements. You'll find that English is widely spoken in the resorts, as well as German & Russian (if I understood your question in Croatian correctly)

Baldur
hi, it's me again... could someone tell me how good are the train/bus connections between sofia and sunny beach, do buses go every day, what's the ticket price and the road distance between this cities?
also, any good websites with reviews of sofia hotels- i've found a lot of them for sunny beach hotels but not so much for sofia?
thanks
could someone tell me how good are the train/bus connections between sofia and sunny beach, do buses go every day, what's the ticket price and the road distance between this cities?

See the thread HERE, re: coaches & rail travel.

Train timetables & fares can be found HERE.

The distance of the fastest route between Sofia & Slanchev Briag (Sunny Beach) is 439.075 km, according to the BG Maps route planner.

i've found a lot of them for sunny beach hotels but not so much for sofia?

Sofia is a real city, rather than a summer-only tourist resort like Sunny Beach - virtually the only things in Sunny Beach are hotels, apartments, restaurants & clubs, so you would expect to find more reviews.... ;) If you Google 'sofia hotels', you'll find around 436,000 results, at least some of which should be useful to you.

Baldur
thanks baldur, i've found and booked hotel niky in sofia...

but could someone help me find a phone number from severina apartments in sunny beach (i'm having some problems since 14 of us are going), they got no website nor email and the only online bulgarian phone book is in cyrilic...
......the only online bulgarian phone book is in cyrilic...

It wouldn't help if you could read/write Cyrillic - I've just searched the BTC phone book (Ð'изнес абонати) - business subscribers for Северина (Severina) in Слънчев бряг (Sunny Beach) and the response is "no results from the search criteria".
Baldur wrote:
......the only online bulgarian phone book is in cyrilic...

It wouldn't help if you could read/write Cyrillic - I've just searched the phone book (Ð'изнес абонати) - business subscribers for Северина (Severina) in Слънчев бряг (Sunny Beach) and the response is "no results from the search criteria".

:que what kind of a hotel is that, no website, no email, no phone... i'm starting to wonder if it exsists at all...
man, it's hard organizing a vacation for 14 people.... :(
what kind of a hotel is that, no website, no email, no phone... i'm starting to wonder if it exsists at all...

It's not a hotel, as such - don't forget that apartments tend to be owned by individuals but rented out & serviced by developers/agencies, etc., who mainly deal directly with tour operators, rather than individual customers. Also, the season hasn't really started yet.

man, it's hard organizing a vacation for 14 people....

I certainly don't envy you.
Gordon-maxx,
You've picked a great hotel in the Niky, we stayed there a few years ago and i know it has since been refurbished but even then it was nice and very well priced, it's location is fantastic, just off Blv.vitosha and within easy walking distance of most of the sites and plenty (hundreds) of bars and restaurants clubs etc. Great Choice!
John S.
Thanks, John. I've read a few positive reviews, but it's even better when someone confirms it. :tup
could anyone post a link with map of sunny beach where is marked where the center is? i've been looking for some hotels and they show on map where the hotel is but i'm not quite sure where is the main center?
Gordon maxx. If you have a map of the hotel locations in SB, look for Hotel Kuban, that is the centre. Hope this helps.
Hi gordon-maxx,

See Sector 'D' of this map (above the 'Captain Cook' & 'Happy Bar & Grill' location markers), as HMJ says, the Kuban is generally considered to be the centre of the resort.

You will find lots of maps of Sunny Beach in this thread, though none are fully up-to-date because of the rapid pace of development in the resort.

Baldur
thank you both.
baldur, great maps!
well, i'm happy to say that i've finally booked my vacation! :tup
12 of us is coming, we're staying in sofia for 3 nights in hotel niky and then 7 nights at elit3 apartments (has anyone stayed here - i haven't found any reviews on internet?) in sunny beach. I gotta say it's hard to make a booking if you're from croatia - non of the UK agencys - sunshine, medhotels, holidayhotels wanted to make me a booking...
can't wait for august 1st!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.