Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
:rofl tartanscone,

It's probably because we go so often, but we don't really do the nightclubs and bars unless we have other visitors staying with us. When we have gone out later in the evenings, we haven't ever seen anything bad going on.
Excuse me!!! Are you saying my husband and I are not normal, simply because we work nights in bars? I´ve lived here almost 7 years and my husband almost 9 years and muggings etc are part of the norm, as they are in our home towns in the UK... In fact some of the bars here are a lot quieter and safer than the ones in Farnworth where my husband comes from....
Not at all psycholisa, the comment was meant to be tongue in cheek because we're the old fuddy duddys that don't go out at night much.

As for the safety thing, I do feel quite happy walking back to our apartment late at night. I wouldn't go down any dark alleys though. I'm more concerned about thefts. Our car was stolen and found burned out near Valencia earlier this year, and several of the bars near our place have been broken in to.
trayfenny wrote:
I'm use to Menorca and have never even seen a drunken youth there

Trayfenny,
Its funny that you use Menorca as an example. The only mugging I ever witnessed on holiday was whilst standing on the terrace of the Oasis Park Apartments in Cala'n Forcat. We had to help two old ladies who were pounced on as they walked passed some bins just as night had fallen.

It can happen absolutely anywhere, these people are scumbags and are not fussy about their choice of destination.

I was in Benidorm in 2006 and the worst thing that happened was a kitten getting run over and lying dying on the pavement, it was horrible to see. As far as muggings etc. saw nothing.

Mark
I feel far safer walking around in Spain than I do in the UK at night. The only fight I have ever seen was at lunch time between two builders in Cartagena and that was more entertaining as they kept missing each other! I think they had a beer or four!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.