Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
thanks for the warning, I hope he didn't have too much of value in her handbag, if you hear of anywhere else where people are getting mugged please keep us informed!!
Where did it happen? That is always useful, so that people can aviod the area late at night.
Just a bit of advice if you pass a group of people and they split up as or before you pass them try and stay in a populated area or in a well lit area and watch your back it is an old trick some come up from behind and some from the front if you think it is happening stop where it is well lit and talk light a ciggy anything just stop,this happened to us in Tenerife knew what was going to happen so stopped under a bright light the one thing they don't want is that you can recognise them not trying to scare anyone this is just for safety and don't forget it is very very rare as the sentencing in Spain is far more severe than here in the U.K.
Geovil
i am not sure were it happen but they were going back to hotel after a good night out to flamingo playar i think
Not a mugging as such but still frightening.

I had my bag snatched inside a lovely bistro in Quesada whilst on holiday in October, but unfortunately for the "low life", my partner gave chase, and to cut a very long story short, he and 2 other people caught him, held him till the policia locales and gardia civil arrived.
The outcome,
We went to Court in Torrevieja, his solicitor got it adjourned for a month (knowing we were on holiday and wouldnt not come back for the case).
But we went back, he got 2 years in prison (he bit my partner, this was classed as robbery with violence), a 600 euro fine and we were awarded 204 euroes compensation......
Maybe he will think twice about doing it again when he gets out of prison.

Oh and i got everything in my bag back...
"please be carefull in benidorm" - Sorry but, please be careful in any town or city anywhere in the world, you have to be aware of risks no matter where you are.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.