Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I'm sure you will have a great holiday, and further input on these apartments will be appreciated

wizard
you have made a good choice in these apartments- the apartments are large ,very clean and modern.All the staff are friendly,he only downside is the bar although quite busy durjing the daytime serving excellent barsnacks lacks atmosphere on a night and only gets busywithpeople returning back to the complex after a trip into town
On the mainmarina frontge are various restaurants ,bars and shops with Lagos town centre only another 5-10 minutes away
Wehve stayed here 4 times on DIY holidays but when we go this year on 6th May the apartment cost/budget airline cost didnt stack up to what Thomsons wer offering to stay at the Villabranca apartments which are also excellent

If you want any more info just shout
Hi rabrown :D

It's very nice to hear from someone on HT who has actually stayed at the Marina Club, so thanks for posting. There is no better recommendation than someone staying somewhere 4 times.

I did know about the bar/restaurant not being open in the evening as this was mentioned on another site. To be honest I saw this as a plus as we like to stay somewhere that we are pretty certain will be quiet from midnight on. (getting old!) Being so close to all the bars and cafes of Lagos I am sure we will always be able to find somewhere to go of an evening. :D
Rab

Not sure if you are still looking in but if so I was wondering the following

I have seen pictures of the apartments which look like they are about 4 floors high. I have paid extra for a pool view, but was wondering would you recommend to be on any floor/side of the building in particular?

Also are there complimentary pool towels on some kind of card system?

Thanks
Doepsmc
we always ask for a high floor poolside and have always stopped on the section closest to the marina (left hand side ) which i would think if you were on the right hand side of the reception you would not get clear views of the marina basin

Yes you get freepool towels issued to you by handing in a towel card then pick up the card when you return them
Hi Rab

I will probably email them closer to the time I am travelling and ask for an apartment on one of the higher flooors. If I think of anything else I may well be on again, hope I'm not being a pain.

Cheers, Doe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.