Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Flippin nora those transfers are extortionate!

I hope you have a brilliant holiday - I look forward to reading all about it :)
Youve been robbed if the transfers cost you that. I would want a helocopter for that sort of money. Get back down there and cause a massive fuss.

Papa
Glad you've got something sorted out, Dee.

What exactly did it say in the small print about the transfers?

I thought J-i-t-C had transfers included.
It says on their website that you can book optional return taxi transfers from airport to your resort hotel at a cost of £25 per person so I'm bemused where the £171.00 has come from.

For anyone interested, J-i-t-C has a deal on Whispering Palms for the same flight All Inclusive @ £824 per person - cheaper than Phoenix Park.

Have you started checking out what trips you can do yet, Dee?

Lots to choose from - you can wash an elephant! :pele
Dee a taxi would be 800 rupees tops ..how can these people get away with charging a price like that as papa said Youve been robbed ..but the main thing is your booked :cheers :cheers colleen
Well maybe I got it wrong. Been looking at the paper work again. The small print that I read and assummed where transfers reads
'TRANSFERS INCLUDED, £171 HH2 AUTH, CANDOLIM'

Does this what I thought it did or did I make a hasty assumption?

When the other half wandered into the travel agents the other day, (I just think he has got too much time on his hands since retiring) the holiday started at £2,981, yes that is the figure and I have wrote it correctly. That was the tour operator cost. She then discounted it to £1,636. Then went down to £1,475. Then when the other half pushed further she discountted another £10.

As I said I asked for the transfers to be removed and she refused. Like some one pointed out they are far cheaper on the Jewel in the Crown website. So my question is can a tour operator charge more then the holiday company for transfers? Will get in touch with them about that. Do not hold out much hope as all the paper work is signed!

Been looking at trips. Other half not keen on going on overnight trips but I am aiming to get in as many day trips as feasible.

Seems ages away but I am like a child at Christmas and cannot wait!

Cheers

Dee
Dee
It says on the J-i-t-C website that transfers are included, here under 'Special Information':

https://www.jewelholidays.com/s/book/rooms?s=7&k=h117e92c35bb781f0bfa93dde0318891c0

I'm not sure what the £171.00 is for but this is what I get when I do a dummy booking for the holiday I think you've booked:

Fri 15-APR-2011 2 seats Manchester (17:15) to Goa (07:30) Monarch Airlines

In-Flight Meals: Included

Sat 30-APR-2011 2 seats Goa (08:30) to Manchester (14:45) Monarch Airlines

In-Flight Meals: Included

(Timings are for guidance only. Final flight timings will be confirmed on receipt of your tickets)

Sat 16-APR-2011 14 Nights Highland Beach Resort, Candolim - Bed & Breakfast
1 x Twin, with shower and wc
Price Breakdown
Price Item Unit Price (£) Quantity Price (£)
Basic Holiday Cost 661.50 2 1323.00
APD & APC 77.50 2 155.00
Web Booking Reduction 30.00- 2 60.00-
Fuel Supplement 79.00 2 158.00
Total £1576.00

So based on that I can't see that they've charged you for transfers but I would just ask them what the £171 is for.
I think maybe to do you a discount she's 'fudged' some of the figures above.
It does look like you've got a good deal from them based on what you'd have paid on-line.
I think you've just got to forget the £171. You've booked it and if you're happy with the overall price you've paid, just concentrate on having a great holiday.

Mind you, for £171 you could have got a transfer by elephant. :rofl
I am just going to relax and go with it now. I read what polly cat said and it does seem a good deal.

Elephants here I come!

Forgot the postcode on the visas so are re-doing them.

Will there still be meets at the carvery when we go?

Thanks

Dee
Hi, this is Danny, known as Dees pain in the neck,lets just hope we can both now relax and wait to enjoy the holiday. But she keeps going on about bloody elephants. Ah well it stops her going on about things I do wrong. hope the beers drinkable, Danny the grouch.
Danny,

The beer is very drinkable but as its so hot you have to drink it quick. Not a problem for me.

Hope you both have a great time.

Papa
hi dee
yes there will still be a few of us diehards at the meet ;) let us know when you are coming (which wednesday),and i can add you to the list and if by chance the carvery closes by then we will meet elsewhere so would be good to know when so we can let you know
chilly :)
Hi

We arrive on the 16th of April so the 20th would be the Wednesday. Would love to meet up if you are still having the meets

Dee and Danny
added you for the 20th look forward to it :tup
chilly
Hi Chilly - Goa bound next week so hope to make the meet on 16th. Bring it on :tup
Thanks GG - Hope you're feeling better. I remember reading you missed one or two meets because you weren't feeling great.

See you soon!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.