Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi - what you are saying about the flights is correct. My First Choice flight tomorrow night from Gatwick and arrives about the same time and yes that counts as your first night. We then have a long wait when we leave early Saturday morning after vacating the room at Friday midday because Thursday is our 14th night, though we are hoping that we can pay in the resort to keep the room on until later in the day.

As for the muggings and stuff, it does happen, but stuff does happen everywhere. I have only witnessed one mugging in my life and that was at the end of my road in an area not known as a hot bed of crime. I've had no problems in the last three years I have been to SB, but I don't automatically assume it won't happen to me and take the usual precautions to try to stay safe.
Hi, we are going on those flights in September and have already paid to have a room till 6pm on the friday evening. shouldn't be to bad after that as they have places to put your luggage and we intend to go out for a meal and for the evenings entertainment before having to be at the hotel for pick-up to the airport :)
Do not let your workmates put you off, muggings happen in every town and city in every country, and for general crime, I think the UK is much worse than Bulgaria. Just take the usual precautions that you would take at home and you will be fine and have a great time.
Paul
Do not let your workmates put you off, muggings happen in every town and city in every country, and for general crime, I think the UK is much worse than Bulgaria. Just take the usual precautions that you would take at home and you will be fine and have a great time.
Paul

I agree absolutely having been a regular visitor since 1989. The most important things in the real Bulgaria away from the resorts are to dress down, not flaunt a lot of gold and expensive cameras, and always know where your wallet or purse is. Watch out for pickpockets.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.