Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
We had major issues with FC in 2005 and I vowed then I would I NEVER use them again...and we haven't :twisted:

To be quite honest if they were the only TO offering holidays I would rather not go on principle than give them my money.

Glad you got it sorted in the end Ellie, all be it with a loss of your hard earned money.

Katy xx
I Would just like to add my regret that you have had so many problems with First Choice. I have been on holiday and just looked at your post today.
Would just like to add my thoughts on the high charges for these types of calls.
From the saynoto0870 web site I have obtained many numbers and used them frequently. It is even possible to access telephone no's instead of using a telephone provider or BT for the number.
I made a list of all my Banks Insurance companies Investments Company and many more.
There is a no for Head Office for FC 01293 560777.
I have a telephone account package with my ISP and when I use these numbers it means I am not paying extra for it.
If you have an 0870 no then type this in and it will also give you alternatives.
Works with BA as well. Just thought I'd pass this advice on. I don't know if you look at Martin Lewis the Moneyexpert but it is a wealth of good information. This is off subject but it has cost the OP over £16 in telephone charges plus the holding on time. When I use these alternative numbers then I often find that I get through almost immediately.
Hope this post is permissable.

Sue
sue thanks for that, i was given by someone a link to a website to save phone charges after i had posted this thread and already rang them quite a lot ,but i did use this a few times but strangely every time i got through on these other numbers i was told it wasnt the correct dept !!! this happened about 4-5 times, and they either transferred me and no one ever answered so i was put on hold for around 10-20 mins before i gave up or i was given another number to ring, total shambles this company is, ive never used them for a package holiday nor ever will, ive only flewn with them once before, last oct and all was fine, shame none of them are members of HT to explain why ive been messed around so much

karen
This is not a complaint but I would be interested to hear what you think.We live in Turkey and booked to go on an Egyptian Tour leaving here April 15th and returning April 23rd.Last week the travel agent called and told us the holiday had been cancelled ( not enough bodies we think ) He did offer another one a week later 200 GBP more for the two of us but much higher spec, so we said ok and with a different operator.Today he called and said return flight had been overbooked and we along with 30 others had been re-booked on the same flight a day later.Tour Operator was picking up the Bill for the extra day and we would be overnight in 5* Intercontinental City Stars. Cairo.No problem for us as we do not work .We have been kept informed all along the way and an extra night in Cairo is great as long as we are not paying.It's a bit different from the last UK Package holiday that I booked which was about 8 years ago.
Apologies for going off topic but just thought it would be interesting.

Ian
Personaly i cannot see anything wrong with FC i think they are okay.
I would travel with them anytime.
From THIS thread, a complaint about MyTravel -

samsung753 Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:53 am

My wife is a travel agent and if someone phoned about a holiday and the price appeared too good to be true she would not be allowed to book it until she phoned and checked with the provider of the hol ...

Have you an interest to declare, Samsung?

Peter
No interest to declare other than i have travelled with FC a number of times and never had a problem.
I would not hesitate to use them again.

:fly
Not sure what your point is with the highlighted box ?

:tut
The point was this was a thread about a complaint someone had about First Choice which a few people tried to help her with.

What help was your glib comment to her? It was neither sympathetic nor helpful.

She was good enough to come back on and give us an update. No wonder many people don't bother if they all they get is glib comments. :roll:

Loads of people have had good holidays with FC, so what?

It's when things go wrong and how they are dealt with that shows a companys true quality.
  • Edited by doe 2007-04-10 09:00:37
samsung you might not have had any problems with fc but if you had encountered the problems i have and had your flight changed to an airport 2 1/2 hours away with a child that gets car sick and fc refused to change your flight to a nearer airport even though you knew there were flights available at cheaper prices,and this change was going to cost you over a £100 with airport car park fees and petrol not to mention the phone calls where you were put on wait over half hour til you gave up time and time again maybe you might understand how i feel !!!! or perhaps you havent read through the whole of this thread
Well I can certainly see your point Peter

Samsung, Peter is just wondering if perhaps given your post (highlighted in box) if you may have a connection via your wife with FC.
It does seem reasonable to assume that you may, when given the nature of this complaint that you have come on to defend them and say how good they are rather than give some helpful advice.

I don't have a problem with FC either but I don't see the need to come on and say how good they are when the topic is dealing a specific complaint, there are dedicated forums on here that can be used for that purpose.
Why would i have a connection with FC ? just because my wife is a TA

edit
comment removed. A reminder one of the of the T&Cs you agreed to when you joined HT

. Show respect and courtesy to all other users
Do not allow yourself to be drawn into conflict with another user. We will not accept personal attacks from one user toward another and this will be dealt with very severely. If a situation arises that you feel may be getting out of hand inform a moderator or Admin via Personal Messaging . We will then attempt to deal with the situation.

fiona ht mod

:tut
I never said i was not sympathetic to the posters plight.
These things happen and you just have to deal with them.
ive noticed on the fc flights thread that more fc flights have been cancelled, wonder if this is a start of lots of flights being cancelled, they really shouldnt be allowed to get away with us
ive noticed on the fc flights thread that more fc flights have been cancelled, wonder if this is a start of lots of flights being cancelled, they really shouldnt be allowed to get away with us

It could also signal that bookings have not been as expected. I appreciate your problem but if they cannot sell enough seats then they have no choice.

fwh
that could be the case, or the fact that they sold these seats sept time so cheap around 95-125 return , im surprised that the flights wouldnt be full as the prices were so cheap and we were going july peak season ,so 125 for peak season for nearly 3 wks is extremely cheap, only time will tell !!!
In my opinion, First Choice have gone down the pan recently.

We holidayed over Xmas with them and got terrible service. Each time I write to them, they reply on the 28th Day missing half the points I made and the letter are written as if it is the cust service rep's opinion with phrases such as 'I do feel the amount that was refunded back to you was fair.'

They also put in their reply that 'if your flight is cancelled or delayed for at least two hours, ask at the check-in counter or boarding gate for the text stating your rights, particularly with regard to compensation and assistance'
We made the point in the complaint that we were actually on the plane on the tarmac for 4.5 hours and asked the air hostess for this info and they didn't know what we were talking about.
We also returned on a FC flight last weekend from Majorca (FCA2611 delayed for 5.5 hours) - we argued with a supervisor at the gate for 30 mins trying to get this exact same rights info and all he could say is it doesn't exist.

I rang cust services asking for a supervisor/manager today after getting the 2nd reply to the xmas complaint - they refused to take my call ! I have their name and this will be going to the cust serv director and ABTA.

We used to travel with FC at least once a year, they have now lost our business for good.
If anyone can name one tour operator or airline who has never consolidated or cancelled a flight then i would be very interested to hear about them!
If anyone can name one tour operator or airline who has never consolidated or cancelled a flight then i would be very interested to hear about them

That's not the point is it ?, it is how they deal with the general public when they have cancelled or consolidated a flight.

You know the paying general public that keeps them viable as a company and keeps thousands in a job.!
You should be asking, why are their customer services not delivering what they should be delivering....urmmm unsatisfactory customer service, especially when the problem that made you contact the company was not your fault in the first place.?

Is that too much to ask these days.? but maybe it's ok until it happens to you. :roll:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiii
thanks for that sanji, i was going to say exactly the same, why do people come on and make unnecessary unhelpful comments, yes we all know flights can change, but the dreadful customer service i received and hassle i had getting hold of someone to refund me was out of order and extra costs i have incurred, if the flight time had been changed but from birmingham i wouldnt have been so annoyed or even if they had moved me to say east midlands but to have moved me to an airport so far away was very annoying and different flight times was really upsetting
Hola, we have just had out flight time changed for our majorcan trip in june/july. The flight was put back 4 hours but due to the location of resort, arrival would have been after 1.00am(we have a 5 and 3yr old)

First Choice said we could have a refund or change without paying any amendment fees( big deal) so we have changes to the 2nd closest airport now on an early morning flight at an extra 150 !!!!!!!it took 3 phonecalls with queus of 20-40 mins to sort and although the agent was most helpful i cant help feeling that the full cost of the transfer should not be charged to me.

however having had couple of complaints with companies lately i am going to draw a line under it!!!!! the amount of anger/frustration and time i would need to put into making a complaint(knowing me it would be days of stewing and plotting) would not be equal to the standard computer generated reposnse i would ultimately receive.

i raise a glass of comiseration(sp) to all.....but hope your holidays are fab :D :wink: :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.