Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Ta for that :tup
Looks like it is possible from Gatwick and free of charge. Must remember to call them to arrange it beforehand!

Mark :)
There is a day before check-in Mark - you have to phone First Choice and pre-book it though (even though the brochures tell you otherwise)!
Have done day before check in, twice (Manchester). Well worth it.! Check in opens 12 noon til 10pm. Next morning, just arrive at airport and go straight through to security. EASY!!
Denny
I called first choice the other day to arrange day before check in at Gatwick and they told me it was now free and no need to book just turn up :tup
Says that on their website too.
Gatwick departures are free of charge and you just need to turn up the day before.
Manchester and Birmingham are £5.00 and must be booked at least 4 days prior to departure.
I wish they had this service at Glasgow, a so-called International Airport!

David
They've had to make it free at Gatwick due to the space constraints in the North Terminal come morning check in- its not unheard of for customers to be snaking around the drop off area in a long line to check in :cry

The last excuse I heard from BAA was because Delta(what 1 or 2 flights?) had not yet moved to South Terminal and was causing it... :que
i can anyone tell me the FC flight numbers please......7th aug - gatwick-dalaman dep.17.50.........15th aug - dalaman - gatwick dep 00.55. thanks
tracytreacle1,

LGW-DLM-DLW are flight numbers FCA534/5 and operated by an Airbus A321-200.

Darren
What was the cause of the several delays showing on various FCA flights into Gatwick at the weekend?

Also, does anyone know where the plane flying to Salvador will have been previously?

And, finally, does anyone know which route the plane takes from Gatwick to Salvador?

Mobor One,

I've not heard the reason for the delay, could be for a number of reasons. FCA046/7 is operated by the aircraft that previously operates FCA142/3 (MAN-MLE-MAN) or FCA026/7 (LGW-POP-LGW). Both are showing as previous flights. It could be the aircraft used for FCA142/3 was ferried down to LGW from MAN to operate the FCA046/7 so it's probably FCA026/7 normally. The flight routes via the canaries, across the atlantic to the north-eastern tip of South America then down the eastern coast to Brazil.

Darren
I presumed an aircraft went tech because a MAN based one (G-DBLA) went down to Gatwick after operating MAN-MLE on Thurs/Fri something it never would do normally, G-DBLA has operated the same flights since begining of May, oh with the exception of one day.
Aircraft operating a flight from Cancun to Gatwick on Friday night had to make an emergency landing in Orlando, and crew then went out of hours, causing a 20-odd hour delay.
Hi wondered if you can help. We are going to Phaphos from Gatwick 21st Sept 08 to 5th Oct 08, FCA4724 /FCA4725. Wondered if you could tell me aircraft we will be on and seating arrangement. Also how early we can check in.
Thanks Sarah
chapmans,

Firstly, welcome to HT :wave:

LGW-PFO-LGW (FCA4724/5) is scheduled to be operated by a Boeing 757-200. These aircraft are configured 3-3 over 41 rows (233 seats) with 28" seat pitch and ceiling mounted IFE. Seats are faced with a nice green leather. They're powered by two Rolls-Royce RB211-535E4 high bypass turbofans each producing 41,500 lb of thrust, proper rocket ships :) It is recommended you check-in at least 2 hours prior to your departure time, but the desks are open prior to that so you can check-in earlier if you wish.

Have a great time,

Darren
Please check in earlier! Gatwick is a nightmare for check in at the moment. :(
Thanks for that. Hope its not too claustrophobic..don't fly too well!!
Sarah
Please check in earlier! Gatwick is a nightmare for check in at the moment

Never a truer word said. Seems FCA/TOM customers get to enjoy spending their time at Gatwick queuing around the airport, in the covered area between the roadway and the terminal building or even outside on the pavement. - before reaching check-in.

Hope whoever at FCA/TOM who negotiated the savings on that ground handling contract is proud!!!
Why :que what is the problem at gatwick with check-in then, why are the queues so long ? is it the same problem at premier/premium check-in desks ?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.