Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
You don't have to pay any additional charges for seats together once you have upgraded to SCP as it is included.

When we were getting ready to come home at the weekend we prepared ourselves that we would be sitting in exactly the same seats because that was what the rep had told us, at least then we couldn't be disappointed!
We had window seats going out and middle coming back so the same seats there and back is not always the case!
Hi All

Still trying to find out what the IFE is for FCA024 departing tomorrow 5th July.Any help gladly appreciated.

David
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA

I would really appreciate some advice as I am becoming increasingly confused (nothing new for me there then!)

I have flights booked on a First Choice (FCA code) flight from Manchester to Sharm and the online agent apparently booked these through Thomson.

* Having booked the flights the agent requested extra legroom seats on our behalf but Thomson said there are none available. However when I rang First Choice Airways today they said they are available and cost £50 return each.

* Thomson also stated we cannot pay for day before check in at Manchester but First Choice told me today that we can. However, as we need to collect our tickets on arrival at Manchester airport from the Thomson desk, I am concerned that they won't be there as Thomson say we cannot check in the day before

* Finally when we booked the flights online there was no facility to either choose or refuse a meal or select baggage allowance. The agent asked Thomson about these matters and were told there probably won't be a meal but are not sure and think the luggage allowance is 15kg but are not sure. However, when I rang First Choice they said the luggage is 20kg hold and 5kg hand and meals are included.

I am obviously worried about turning up at the airport with 20kg of luggage and being told we are over limit as the booking information we have been sent does not confirm in writing what the allowance is, I have merely been told verbally and we still do not know about the meal.

Sorry about all the questions but I have spent days trying to sort this out. Finally, if we do manage to book extra legroom seats which ones would you recommend on a 757-200 please?

Thanks

Debbie
debhen,

First Choice and Thomson have merged and will their airlines will be rebranded Thomson Airlines in May 2009 when they fully merge. Even though the flight is FCA, some TOM flights are operated by FCA and vice versa. They are essentially the same company with different high street brands (or will be when the merger is complete).

If extra legroom seating is available, then book it with FCA.

If you're picking your tickets up at the airport, you won't be able to collect them until your day of travel. Day before check-in may not be an option in that case.

I can't comment on the meal but if it wasn't opted for, it probably won't be included. Luggage allowance is 20kg + 5kg hand luggage. This will reduce to 15kg in 2009 for some bookings.

There are two sets of extra legroom seats on the 757-200. Row 14 are configured 2-2 and row 31 3-3. Some prefer row 31 over 14 but it's very much personal preference.

Darren
Thanks Darren

Information as always very helpful. I just find it really annoying and confusing when I get conflicting information from Thomson and First Choice. If they are operating as one company they need to confirm what is happening and what they are telling customers.

The seating plan that I downloaded from the link you provided on this site shows the 757-200 exit seats rows as 12 and 32. Has this changed as the rows you quote are different to that.

Thanks

Debbie
debhen,

Sorry, they were off the top of my head (they might have been TCX I quoted rather than TOM!), I'm at work at the moment so don't have the plans infront of me. If you request extra legroom seating, they'll give you the right rows so specifics aren't too critical.

Darren
Hello there

Maybe a silly question but we fly to Punta Cana from Birmingham with Thomson on 22nd July. We are going to pay the £5 for the upgrade for the in-flight entertainment but does anyone know what films will be shown

Thanks

Jo
Jo, the inflight entertainment for July is posted on page 76 of this thread.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see you are travelling with Thomson until I'd posted the reply!
Are the films the same for first choice and for Thomsons. The reason I ask is that we booked through first choice but fly with Thomson

Thanks

jo
Hi sorry to jump right in with a question or four but hey......!

Could you tell me the aircraft, seat config, IFE details and where the plane will fly in from for FCA640 1555 MAN - Dalaman 11/10/08 please!

Thanks a lot
Super Dan

MAN-DLM-MAN (FCA640/1) are serviced by a Boeing 757-200. These aircraft are configured 3-3 over 41 rows (233 seats) with 28" seat pitch and ceiling mounted IFE. Seats are faced with a nice green leather. They're powered by two Rolls-Royce RB211-535E4 high bypass turbofans each producing 41,500 lb of thrust, proper rocket ships. The incoming flight operates DP674C/D (MAN-FARO-MAN)

Have a great time,

Darren
My daughter booked with First Choice for two weeks in Turkey flying out from Edinburgh on the 24th July. Shes since had her flight changed to a Thomsonfly one leaving Glasgow on the 21st. At the time of booking she paid extra for 20kgs luggage. She phoned First Choice today and was told that the luggage at 20kgs was fine but pooling was'nt allowed now, she explained she was travelling with two girls the youngest was six and the answer was basically life's tough!. She checked if the 5kgs hand luggage was included in the 20kgs on Thomsonfly and was told that it was not, it was an extra you were allowed. I'm sure I've read here that some airports are weighing hold and hand luggage together, could anyone who has flown Thomsonfly recently shed any light on this. Alan
gramps,

TOM's luggage allowances are listed on their website and over on the Thomsonfly thread. They have a slightly different allowance format than the other airlines. Rather than having 20kg hold + 5kg hand luggage, you have 25 kg allowance comprising of up to 25kg hold and 10kg hand luggage. As long as your allowance adds up to a total of 25kg, and doesn't exceed the maximum for hand / hold, you'll be fine.

Darren
Thanks for clearing that up for me Darren, where would we be without you Alan
Where could I find the inflight entertaiment details for First Choice later in the year. I know they would not be publish just yet but would I be able to look for myself near the time?
Redstingers,

When are you flying and where? Have a look at the previous page.

Darren
Hi

Going to Reus with thomas cook airlines, however some family are going the same day only with first choice
so can anyone tell me the aircraft is and the seatpitch of flight FCA1282 from glasgow to reus is?

Thanks in advance
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.