Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
joe3400,

FCA4102/3 is a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
HI Darren.
I'm a bit confused. I've been looking on the eclipse direct website on behalf of a friend and noticed that the holiday they fancied to Rhodes from Cardiff was operated using Thomsonfly aircraft. I thought that eclipse direct was a sister company of First Choice. Have you heard of this being done before? Thanks
shirley h,

Everything is a little up in the air so to speak at the moment. A merger between Thomsonfly and First Choice has been announced. I'm unsure what exactly will happen at this stage but thats the reason for flights after November this year I think it is being TOM rather than FCA. From a passengers perspective, you shouldn't notice much difference. On a side note, it's quite normal for a tour company to sell holidays on behalf of other companies and use other airlines. For example, some Thomson holidays to places like the Caribbean are TCX flights rather than Thomsonfly.

Darren
The actual merger goes through on the 3rd Sept 2007, thats when First choice becomes included within the TUI group.
To be honest i think they will keep the two companies seperate, well that is what we are hearing, i think it may be a bit of an ASDA WALLMART style merger.
I dont think they will get rid of FCA due to the fact that they have spent so much money on the 767's and the current 787 dreamliner project.
Hi all
We are going to rhodes 13/10/07 till 27/10/07, flying from manchester (FCA2686) and was wondering if anyone knows what type of aircraft this will be and also the seating plan.
thanks in advance for any info :D
Gaz2362,

FCA2686/7 is a Boeing 757-200. There are 235 seat onboard configured 3-3 with 28" seats over 41 rows. FCA don't produce a seating plan I'm afraid.

Have a great time,

Darren
Thanks for the info regarding the Thomsonfly and FCA merger. That was complete news to me. Could be interesting!
I have formally lodged a complaint with FC for the appaling way we were treated in Jamaica during Hurricane Dean. Mainly, we were NEVER contacted by the FC rep and no one answered our calls.

Anyone else doing the same?
Hi ukusa ... by posting here, I assume that your complaint is specifically in relation to First Choice Airlines. But if it is related to First Choice holidays/tour operations, please click HERE for our separate topic.

David :wave
Thanks for the info Darren its much appreciated
I am thinking of booking a holiday to Goa for 1st December through First Choice today and am in two minds about whether to pay for the upgrade (we have upgraded twice) as we gather economy is just a comfortable but without the frilly dilly bits.

I have read somewhere that people who have paid for economy have been contacted shortly before their holiday to be asked whether they want to upgrade. Has anyone here had this happen to them and if so, was it cheaper to pay for the upgrade so close to your holiday?
I have just had my first long haul flight with FC and i was very impressed with star class and would not personally upgrade. There was plenty of legroom.

I did have a phone call before our holiday asking if we wanted to pay for sitting together, I declined. A week later I had another call saying they were making us priority customers and would include sitting together free of charge.

We did pay the extra £5 on board to upgrade the entertainment.

It was the best flight I have been on in a long while :D
I have booked my holiday to Goa.

We leave on Saturday 1st December on flight FCA044 at 16:30. I forgot to ask the travel agent whether or not this flight is direct or stops off at Bahrain. Would anyone here know?
sydney,
I can confirm that you flight will travel direct to GOA, First choice doesnt operate any flights to GOA which involves a stop off
Hi Darren,

Just wondering if you could tell me what the TV choice/movies will be onboard to the USA on the FCA flights at the end of Nov07 ?

Thanks.

Ax.
axelsoft,

I'm not sure what they are showing in November. They don't put it on there website anymore. Maybe someone who flies with them over the next month can let you know.

Darren
Hi dazbo

My brother flies with first choice to corfu on the 7th september dont know flight no. think it might be fca 1582 but hoped you could help me with type of plane sory it's from glasgow

thanks million

luk3000
  • Edited by luk3000 2007-08-28 20:08:40
luk3000,

Is that from MAN? If so, the flight numbers are FCA2590/1 and it'll be a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
SOZ about that but it's from glasgow
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.