Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
we received a letter saying that they would like to advise you that the Junior suite cabins do not feature panoramic views as advertised in our brochures.

If that is the case then the advertisement is not legal. It breaches the ASA code for which they can be fined. Your local trading standards will be very interested and will quite likely prosecute them.

You have booked holiday for a very special occasion, and I suspect that "the panoramic views" was a particular attraction for which you have been charged.

fwh
Sorry forgot to say that they said in their letter that they do not advertise it in there brochures now, I have looked on the website and they don't, I have found 1 of there old brochures and it is from April till Oct 2008. My husband thinks that if I go to citizens advice and complain they might be able to cancel our holiday but I think I am going to enquire about it anyway it can't hurt anything.
Eilean
Sorry again I mean't the trading standards and we did book the Jr cabin because of the panoramic views and the extra room eg living area.
Eilean
The fact that they produced and distributed a brochure - do not let go of it - which offered the panoramic views which they subsequently deleted from later versions is not a defence. This was an offer to trade and by accepting your booking and money they are required to provide it - or compensate you. They cannot cancel your holiday as a way round the problem.

Talk to trading standards.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.