Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
First Choice
8 Posts
It is only the 25th today so assume you mean September. Yes they are supposed to reply within 28 days - although we all know that the reply is usually an acknowledgement and the 28 days starts again.

fwh
Yes, sorry fhw ....... I'm way head of myself, did mean the 28th Sept!!

In that case, hopefully I will receive an acknowledgement from them within the next 7 days, and them take it from there.

Many thanks,
Pat
I think, after the acknowledgement letter after 28 days it then becomes 14 days.
fwh is correct. The clock resets, and the 28 day process starts again every time correspondence from one party to the other takes place.
According to the ABTA Code of Conduct, an acknowledgement should be sent not later than 14 days from the date of receipt of the client's correspondence. A detailed reply (or a reply containing a detailed explanation for any delay) should be sent not later than 28 days from the date of receipt of the client's correspondence.

David :wave
The clock resets, and the 28 day process starts again every time correspondence from one party to the other takes place.

One reason why these things often take so long to resolve. Is there anything we can assist with?

fwh
Thank you fhw for the offer of help ....... appreciated.

I've just dug all the paper work out and the actual date they received my compliant was the 26th Sept, and they have yet to reply!

I am just about to call them, and should I need any further help I shall get back to you.

Many thanks,
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.