Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
i cant find the coral diy, the only reason i was wanting heated pool incase its cold in jan lol for my little one. the kirosiez does have an outdoor heated pool, ive been looking all day with the online map and going through all the hotel only sites its stressing me out knowing which one to go for,i find one that looks good then read reviews see some bad ones and it puts me off so have to start again , grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Yes both times I have been disappointed with the pool temperatures. The Red Sea Hotels seem to have beautiful swimming pools but they are often empty due to temperatures, and both times I went it was April, I'm sure it would be colder in Jan. It sounds like the Kirosiez is coming out best for you.
just found another that sounds good sultan gardens resort, its difficult when you cant imagine where the location will be lol
the pool was heated at the hilton, well I assume so anyway as everyone was in it :? but i have a feeling they only heat it when its busy i.e over the school holidays or busy times as when we went the first time we arrived a few days before the children broke up for easter and the pool was freezing . As soon as it got busy hey presto warm Pool :roll:

lyn
Hiya,

We were at The Kiroseiz last Feb, the smaller pool is heated and was fine, but the large pool isn't heated and was really cold!!!!!!!!!
hi

ive just found details of this hotel and the reviews seem good although cant find any on HT, has anyone stayed here or know anything about it, ive not stayed in this area since it was only desert so dont know anything about it now, looking for first week in jan and will be taking my youngest daughter with us , dont want to be far away from town area, and near a beach, trying to price up a reasonably priced all inc thanks, silly me was supposed to restart a new thread oops lol
too much going on with your keyboard Karen :lol: .

ive had a quick look through your list and I have to say the "gut instinct" in me would say the best alround one to me sounds like the Kirosiez. Its mostly good reviews and proximity to Naarm Bay is standing out to me . how does it compare in price to the others on the list Karen??

lyn
it was an ok price but its gone up £80 now grr so annoying and thats on 3 different websites and its a bit more now than i wanted to pay that will teach me for looking around
how about the three corners website .looked earlier and I see you can book there :?
is this their website if so the prices are about double uk booking agencies grrr

http://www.threecorners.com/faqs.html
Crikey Karen . yes that was the one I looked on earlier :(
Like I said before---we went to The Kiroseiz in Feb--------Half/Term-------and found it cheaper to book through Cosmos than do it DIY!!!!!!!

Normally we do every Hol DIY!!!!!!
how much did you pay as the packages are coming out about £300-400 more than a diy. is the kiroseiz good for kids and whats the food like. just priced cosmos and its £520 more than i can get for a diy huge difference
We booked it really early------I think it was late June last year???? But we paid just over £1000 for the 3 of us!!!

Can't comment on kids clubs-because our youngest [the only 1 that came with us ] is 12--------he never bothered!!!!
Can't fault the hotel--it's really good-----------Kiroseiz Beach resort is great [thats the snorkelling one]--------There's shuttle buses to the Beach reasort and Sandy Beach---------We personally preferred Beach resort---------------a little tip--if you do go stay at the beach resort until about 3pm--------then walk to the hotel to your right---you can walk out nearly chest high on their jetty------and be surrounded by fish--as the tides coming in then-It's truly amazing!!!!!!

Plus you can walk to Naama in 20 mins from the hotel--------turn right out of the hotel gates------then when you se asign saying Public Beach-on the other side of the road------turn down there and you can walk to Naama along the beach!!!!!!! instead of the main road!!!!

Have you tried Triton Hotels to book as they own Three Corners?
Sounds good Dor and Karen . quite fancy there myself . another one for the list :D
Every time I book I get high prices of around £2000 on any package AI and thats usually with free kids too.
Is that a good price for May??

Has anyone ever stayed in Hurghada?
mark or Tracey :D . sorry if you have mentioned it somewhere but is that for school holiday time. cant comment on hurgharda but I know marsa alam/taba/nuweiba usually come out a bit cheaper than Sharm for packages so im assuming its the same for Hurgharda :? £2000 :? . I would probably have to budget around £500 each , maybe a bit more for sharm, but then we have to pay 4 adult prices + 1 child in two rooms in school holiday time for Egypt so it doesnt sound too bad but if your children are under 12 and your getting a free child place I would be expecting to do a little better maybe. is this a price for 2 rooms/or family style room or a standard room that takes 4 ??.

have you had a look at pricing seperate flights and hotel on the thomson site . that usually comes out cheaper than booking their packages + the usual suspects of travelrepublic, On the beach. com , freedom direct, findmeaccomodation. maybe cosmos owned http://www.somewheretostay.com. also http://www.skyhols.com ( who I think although not sure if they still are )are part of either longwoods or Libra
Karen (ellie-meg) is very good with the accomodation only sites , maybe she will kindly do another list :D :D

lyn
the only other main few i use that you havent mentioned are quick rooms, online travel and sunshine

right ive got to make a decision today, packages are coming out for kirosiez around 1450 , but i can get a diy for about 900 for 3 of us inc flights,trans and hotel for a week. the 3 corners st george is only 780, amar sina only 735. so do i go for cheaper hotel and have some spare money to eat out etc or for the dearer option lol, i know what hubby would say lol

karen
Karen . Personally I would pay that little bit more and go for the Kirosiez. the reviews look much better than the st george and the walking distance to Naarm for me would seal it :D . £900 is still a bargain. :D .

got to go to work now . hope to see you booked when I get back. you have until 3pm :lol:

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.