General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Do you have any area's in mind ie Turkey/Spain etc?
Hi - thanks for replying to me. No, no particular preference as long as its within budget. Greece would be lovely but anywhere in the Med would be great - the kiddies haven't flown before so europe is ideal as it won't be such a long flight.
Hi Nanny den,
4 children and 3 adults AI for £3000 will limit your choices, unless yu can take the children out of school and go off peak. Whilst researching a holiday for my nehew, his wife and 3 children a month or so back the cheapest, acceptable holiday towards the end of school hols came in at £2.400- and you'll have an extra adult and child.

I'll leave it to others to see what they can come up with. I hope they can come up with something suitabe for you x
OK, we could do self catering, preferably Greece, as long as there are things for the boys to do in the evening - they are ACTIVE!! They'd enjoy watching dancing, singing, playing pool, football but are easily pleased. Any resorts that might fit the bill, anyone?? xx
HI nanny Den, me again lol,

I'm assuming you're talking about a week? What airport would you want to be flying from? I'll see what I can come up with as I love Greece.
Oh thanks Shirley, what a sweetheart you are! We were thinking originally of a week, flying from Birmingham, but if we can afford the 2 week option we would go for that as long as the boys can be kept occupied in the evenings. We just want to give those kiddies the best holiday, they've had a rough time recently and, like you, we love the Greek Islands. xx
At first glamce, I've come up with a week's half board in Crete for £3700 which is over budget. That's with First choice from Birmingham departing 21st August. AI is available but a lot more expensive.

There are a selection of self catering properties coming in at around £3000, but of course you wouldn't get as much for the kids to do S?C in Greece. Although you'll probably get a kids pool and you might be lucky enough for a pool table which might benefit the 8 yr old. when I get a bit of time I'll do some more digging around for you if you like.
Thanks Shirley, I do appreciate your help. We love Rhodes but the flights from Birmingham are at times that would be too silly for little ones.
Nanny Den - I don't want to put a damper on things, but you're going to be hard pressed to find a week's AI for you all, for your budget. Shirley h & I spent hours researching for my son & the cheapest we found was £2400 for 2 adults and 3 children. Remember as well, if you go SC you're going to need a lot of pocket money, for food, drinks etc.
OK, can't really find anything within your budget but the best value for money (my opinion only) I can find is AI from Birmingham to Sidari, Corfu =£3538.20 with Monarch. The Panarama Resort, Sidari looks wonderful and there seems to be plenty to keep the children occupied. The flight departs at 6.30am on Mon 22nd Aug.

Thomson have AI at the Arminda hotel, Hersonissos, Crete for £3,676 but the flight doesn't arrive until close on 11pm.
A Thomson self catering property I can recommend (been there myself) is the Socrates in Stalis, Crete but it's £3,140 so I think you'd get better value going for one of the AIs.

Hope this has given you some idea of prices you'd be looking at. Good Luck with your search. Let me know if I can help any more.
Thanks for all your hard work and effort, Shirley, you are a star!!
I think AI is going to be the best bet at the end of the day soooooo, its a case of putting a bit extra money to it. Can remember the days when we took our daughters to Greece and it cost around £800 for a fortnight for all of us! Happy days.........
Have you thought about Salou? There's the theme park & water park there for the little ones. My son's friend is going party consists of 6 adults 2 children in June. He got HB at the H10 for about £3600
I'll certainly look into that, am open to any ideas at the moment
Thanks!
He got HB at the H10 for about £3600

remember that would be considerably more during school holidays.
I was just going to say the same Shirley - you could probably add nearly half that amount on again.
Maybe with your budget, and active kids, somewhere like Marmaris in Turkey would be more suitable?
Just a thought :tup
before anyone says NO!!!!! can I say we have had many happy weeks at bellevue apts. in alcudia, I've read all the reviews and I appreciate some folk have had miserable times there, but got to say we never have, We have three grandchildren and have been going to majorca with them since the youngest was four. Never did AI but we found meals in the bars on site and in the resort very reasonable. Great free entertainment in the evenings with tribute bands. A lot of the bars also have groups etc. Fabulous refurbished go cart circuit which my grandson loved. Excellent mini golf course, tennis courts and loads of swimming pools. You can catch the boat to one of the finest, safe beaches on the island.
Hope you find somewhere that suits all your family, wherever you go! :cheers
Nothing wrong with Majorca, majorcagirl!!

We took our Son, his wife, and 3 boy's, 2 years ago, and had a fabulous time.
We managed to get a fortnight in Sa-Coma for all 7 of us for £1500!!!!!
That was with Teletext holidays, flying from Birmingham airport.
Mind you, it was self catering, but as you say, it was cheap to eat out.
Just the place if you've got a few kids to keep occupied!!!
I would avoid Salou unless you're either AI within the Port Aventura complex or AI in another hotel with spends to access the parks.

Budget wise the resort itself is expensive and in my opinion only going half board with your group size could not be done with a small budget.

I would personally recommend Benidorm or Majorca, decent flights, cheap enough to get there and better than reasonable prices in resort. The beaches in these areas are also fantastic and there is loads of entertainment. Pretty much anywhere in Benidorm would tick the boxes and in Majorca we had a absolutely fantastic time at Club Mac in Alcudia which also now includes free entrance to the waterpark next to it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.