DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
BBB, have a look at Wintersunshineholidays, they beat the price quoted.
An alternative in the same area is 4 nights at the Vacanza (up to 6 persons) for around £100, and yes the price quoted is per room, not per person.

Robby :wink:
The flight - jet 2 - leeds/brad to alicante (april) - after booking are the tickets posted out?, or do you have to print a voucher off? - do you have to contact the airline regarding delays/flight change?, as there would be no way of knowing, (especially in alicante).Plus when booking is there any hidden charges added on? - paying by visa debit - (They do want the insurance offered at £6.66p each-) - would you suggest they also get an additional insurance policy (as I'm presuming the £6.66p insurance policy is for the flight only?)

You can print off the confirmation email or just note the reference number you are given on booking.

Flight delays - you could check by ringing, we normally don't bother we just turn up. Insurance you should read the blurb that should be on Jet2 website ie what it covers etc. Tell them to take the new E111 card with them as well.

Accomodation - Benidorm spotlight - (Levante club apartments)- the price I have been quoted (basic price per room - 248E/£163 four nights, (50E deposit, plus rest on arrival) - my concern with this is, (Sounds daft I know) - but this price would be for the room, (dont want the lads to have a shock when they get there, and be charged the above price each) -

If it states price is per room (as most DIY's are) then that is the full price for the room ie 2/4 people.

Can't help with transfers as never used that company and I don't know Benidorm - so will leave for the Benidorm lovers to cover :lol:
Hi BBB

We have done DIY a few times and I must admiut the first time I was a bit apprehensive. As Glynis says just print out your confirmation from Jet2 and present it at the airport as they don't issue tickets. I have used BMI baby and Monarch before and never phoned to check delays etc just turned up as you would do for a normal package holiday. I have always booked insurance with Go Travel and never with the airline so don't know what is covered - sorry!

The accomodation I booked has either been through Wintersunshine or Thomson - Wintersunshine you had to pay the balance in full a month before departure and Thomson you had to pay it all when you booked. I did book with a Spanish company a few years ago and just paid a deposit and then paid the rest on arrival which was fine. The price for self catering is always priced per room.

We have booked transfers with Shuttle Direct and they had a sign with our name on at arrivals at Alicante. They also advised the pickup time when you booked - I think it was 3 hours before the flight departed and waited outside the hotel or apartment. They also asked for the flight number so they could check if you had been delayed.

Hope it all goes smoothly - I'm sure it will.

Michelle
:D Thanks very much to all replies, (dont feel as nervous now!). Going to book everything this afternoon.

Robby - contacted wintersunshine hols to ask them if they could match the price, (Benidormspotlight was cheaper for a 2 bed apartment), they came back with a price which was for a 1 bed apartment, at £2 dearer, so have stuck with the 2 bed one - thanks for advice though.

Thanks benidorm90, and glynis too, just hoping every thing works out ok, then will book all my holidays like this (Thats if they work out cheaper, than booking a package hol :wink: )

Have a nice weekend.

Regards, BBB.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.