Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi

One thing for sure about weather in October - the Red Sea area want rain!! Apparently it hasnt rained there for 20 or so years!!
We go every October. There is nothing better than knowing that when you get up in the morning, its going to be another day of blazing sunshine. Average temperature beginning of September is around 30 deg (90 deg F) in fact 2 ears ago it was 35 deg average!!
Most entertainment in Sharm & Hurghada is centred around the hotels and is uite low key. Sharm has got Na'ama Bay for evenings where there is some good bars and shopping as ell as a Hard Rock Cafe, but most hotels are a taxi / minibus drive away (around £2 to get there). Hurghada has Sakala area which I found fantastic for shopping and so cheap. There arent many bars but there is a McDonalds!! Again this is a taxi/minibus ride away again about £2.

I found that there was more "hasseling" at Sharm than Hurghada, but a polite No Thank you worked for us (even our 4 year old daughter was saying it in Egyptian!!)

Doesnt stop us going though. We love it the area
Hurghada has come on quite a lot recently. We now have a very chic Marina with lots of nice places to eat and drink. Papa's Bar is now located there. Not far away are Hekandi and Ministry of Sound.

Sorry I have to disagree with you about the rain, last October we had 7 drops - yes I tried to count them. I was the idiot standing outside, arms thrown apart shouting 'yes, yes, yes'. By the time I had finished my third yes, it was over! ;)

There are bars and discos here. In Sekalla at the La Pasha Resort, they have their own disco. Up in the touristic area, there is Hard Rock, The Dutch Bar, and opposite the Sultan Beach there is a lovely bar/eatery with good prices i.e. don't rip off the tourists.

Weather in October can be quite humid but it is still warm enough to swim in the sea, in fact until the middle of November is very pleasant but not too hot.

Come and enjoy.
Hi there.

I myself would personally recommend Naama Bay in Sharm El-Sheikh.There is no shortage of places to eat or drink! There are many hotels with some that are only minutes walk into the town centre.The Jaz Lido (formerly the Iberotel Lido Sharm) is an excellent little hotel that has only 67 rooms and a roof top pool.The views from the open air bar area are breathtaking at night.I posted a review on this site under the "Hotel Review" section.
As for Naama Bay itself, there is a Pacha Nightclub, Hard Rock Cafe, MacDonalds and Pizza Hut etc.There are numerous Restaurants that cater for different tastes. Mexican, Lebanese, Thai, Chinese, Indian. You name it they've got it! The main downside to Naama Bay is that it is not typically Egyptian, although there is the "old" town which I admittedly never bothered to visit.I think this is due to the amount of western visitors that go there for the scuba diving (and the lovely weather!) When I was last there in December 2006 the temp. reached 32 degress and it was lovely!
If I can be of any more help, please feel free to get in touch and all the best.

David
thanks for all the info, has been really helpful :) im thinking maybe naama bay? just worried incase its full of just young people? dont want my mam to feel out of place lol! now i need to find cheap flights hehe.
Elle.x
hmm now im confused again, after reading reports it seems like Na'ama bay is abit 18-30ish? which would be great if i was with friends but not sure my mam would be too stuck on it .. any more info on Hurghada? thanks! Elle..x
Hi again Elle.

Naama Bay caters for a wide range in ages.My wife and I are both in our 40's (not exactly party animals!) and we love it.It's not exactly Malia or Magaluf. Thank god! So I'm pretty sure that it would appeal to you and your mum but don't take my word for it check out as many reviews as you can and draw your own conclusion.I hope you get something thay you like.I was talking to a girl on Friday and she was supposed to be flying to Sharm yesterday with XL!
Depending on where you are flying from it might be easier (although maybe not cheaper) to get a package deal.
Once again all the best.

David
There were five of us that went to Sharm this year, age rangeing from 19-62 years x
I think Namma Bay would be fine for most age ranges really. Its not a Club 18 to 30 resort as such it only has a couple of nightclubs.

Its the main hub of activity, so families, couples, older people, and 18-30ties go there.

Most of the 4* and 5* hotels are pretty upmarket in terms of facilities, beautiful gardens and pools. Dont go too cheap though, unless you can get a personal recommendation from someone who has been there as some of the 3* look a bit ropey.
This is murder!
I've got to wait 'til next July before I go back :(

David
thanks for all the advice, put my mind at rest, id really like to go to naama bay, im just wondering what the average price would be flying from newcastle (if i can) in october? not really sure what prices are classed as cheap etc. thanks once again
Elle.x
To do it cheaply and independantly (we do it) try http://www.otbeach.com You can mix and match your own options. We contted the hotel before going last year, and they sent a taxi for us. When you get your luggage, and walk into the arrivals lounge, they are there with a board with your name on it. We were at the hotel an hour before anyone else!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.