Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Nat,

This was recently discussed and it seems most people budget for approx £50 per day.

As you are all inclusive you probably wont spend that.
Thanks for that :D

Also I was meant to say, when I decide on the amoun t to take would it be best to take maybe half in £ and half Lira?
We personally only take £ with us, the main reason is that the street rate in Turkey is usually higher than what you get here. I think most places are changing at 2.5 YTL to the Pound in England, where as in Turkey at present its 2.6 It depends, maybe change £100 into YTL here, then the rest as you need it over there, that way you can keep track of your money more easily.

You can also pay for almost anything in Sterling, Euros etc.
good advise from phil thats exactly what i do, as for the hotel reviews ,you will get a lot mixed reviews on a lot of hotels , best use reviews as a sort of guideline ,what some people like others dont . i have written reviews on hotels which i thought were brilliant ,and some people having been to them have written bad ones, best to go with an open mind and find out for yourself,turkey is a great country and the people really friendly ,just enjoy yourself ,i am sure the positive points will outweigh the egative points.

bluepeterno1
Hi,

Bluepeterno 1 is spot on about hotel reviews. One man's meat is another man's poison. If they are all bad then give them a wide berth but if it's just the odd one then it's down to personal taste. We've found some places brill and when we've got home and seen a differing review from ours we've wondered if they've even been at the same place as us. Some people complain about everything. :cry: It's not like we put up with rubbish - we are very fussy but some people just like to moan about the smallest things.

We had huge reservations about Turkey before we went and now we are going for the third year running and can't wait. Sun & sea plus the people are VERY friendly.
when we first started going to turkey we always went to the marmaris palace which we thought was brilliant and still do , but one time we were there we got kind o friendly with a couple from bolton , the woman carried a note book around with her noteing everything (she diddent like) , one evening we sat at the same table for dinner it was the usual buffet self service ,while we sat there she kept moaning about the food and how her husband could not find anything to eat , i happened to look up and her husband was going around stuffing his face with anything he could get his hands on ,then came back to the table with one or two wee bits of food saying thats all he coulld find , out came the note book . when we returned home the reviews she wrote on various holiday sites were shocking. since then i hav kept an open mind.

bluepeterno1
some people go on holiday just to complain which spoils it for others when a genuin complaint arises
in other words everyone gets tared with the same brush
these people should stay at home
i certainly dont go on holiday to find faults or go out my way to complain ,the taking of notes has amused me as ive never seen anyone do this lol etc, but i too sadly found the food at marmaris palace diabolical, we thought it was more 3 star than 5 star , im qualified in catering and the food served there was well below standard and selection was pathetic ,so i do sadly agree with her although we did go last easter when it was slightly out of season so i put it down to that !!

saying that we love turkey & go a few times every year and will carry on going ive since stayed at some fab all inc & sc and always have a good holiday
we always go to the m/p at high season and never had a problem , but as i said before its ,individual choice.

bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.