Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
have been in mid may to pefkos and had temp`s of 45 deg,
  • Edited by borismab 2006-03-27 12:49:07
Have been to Rhodes Once in may weather was fantastic it can be a bit chilly on a night and the swimming pools are a little bracing but you wont be dissapointed The wife came home with a brilliant tan and our teenage daughter really enjoyed it We usuallygo in October and the weather is about the same
There's only one point to answer now.

If you don't use a good sun cream, you'll not burn, you'll be cremated.

:sun :sun

I'll be in Rhodes on the 17th and have no intention of going into the sea, even in Lindos.
We went to Pefkos on 14 May last year and the weather was lovely the whole time we were there.

The temperature did drop in the evenings and I think about twice I had to put a cardigan on.

The pool was chilly but once you are in you will be fine.
I'll make sure I take along some nice summer clothes as well as a light jacket for the evenings then. Oh and sun screen!

I'll be there on May 17th too, extremely excited!
Victoria, my avatar photo was taken on Tsambeki Beach, a fair run up towards Faliraki. The pic is of my wife feeding me a fresh fruit salad, cos it was too hot to move - that was in Sept.
If you get the chance, try it. As you drive down on to the beach, turn right, and it's the second stall on there. Fruit salad to die for and I kid you not.
:shock: :shock:
I'll be renting a car for the week, so i shall take your advice and try it out.

Went to Rhodes last year at the end of May and we had some cloudy days with no sun and it rained on one day very heavily for two hours. We were on a scooter at the time and had to dive for cover. The rest of the time it was lovely with lots of sunshine and it's nice and cool in the evenings...perfect. The local people only swim in the sea at the begining of June for good reason as the water is still cold. It's a smashing island with nice people......enjoy.
Yep, lovely was weather last year when we went.

Very hot during the day (upto around 30c), during the night it could get a little cooler, and in Pefkos there is more of a breeze I feel.

FD
Hi,
If you want any more information on Pefkos, try the Friends Of Pefkos website. It is a very good site with lots of information on all aspects of Pefkos from Pefkos addicts.
Here's the fruit salad. I'm looking forward to May17th.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Parky/TSAMBEKIFRUITSALAD.jpg

Enjoy,

Parky
hello, we have never been to Rhodes before and i am wonderind if you could give us a few tips. There are three teenagers coming with us and everybody says there isnt a lot to do at night. Where or what would you recommend us to do or go of a night? What day trips would you recommend and where is a good place to go shopping?
Really looking forward to it.
Thanks Sarah x x x
I think I'd stay in Rhodes town if you're looking to keep teenagers amused. There's plenty to do and see and it's lively at night. Loads of choice for eating out from chicken and chips at the Butterflies (by Africa Hotel) to 4 star restaurants everywhere! The shopping is fantastic, Marks and Spencer to Gucci!! You'll be spoilt for choice. A wonderful island, I go on wednesday for the 73rd. time!!! Trips to Lindos and Symi island are a good day out, book these yourself from Mandraki harbour, cheaper than the tour reps. offer. I could fill pages with ideas of what to see but once you get there you'll be able to decide on what appeals to you. Enjoy!!
brilliant info guys i cant wait, im counting down the day's now
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.