Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
First Time
4 Posts
Hi Sarahlou and welcome to HT. I can help you a little, hopefully, others will help you with the rest. Day Trips you've got Jeep Safaris both wet and dry, Dalyan whereby you go into a mudbath. Further afield you've got Ephesus and Pammukale. You can go to Rhodes or you can take a water taxi to Turunc. Icmeler market on wednesday is a must do, remember, haggle is the name of the game, even in the jewellery shops. Money, take £50-75 in Turkish lira to get you over the first day or so, the rest in sterling, the market prefers sterling. The exchange rate in Turkey is much higher than it is here. Go to the weather reports by Chelsea Boy, click on Marmaris Yellow pages link, click on currency, click on National Bank and then click on to-day.

Les
Thank you very much.
We are going in October so hopefully it will not be as hot and as busy.
How long is the transfer from Dalaman to Marmaris?
Transfer time use to be about 90 minutes but some new road has been constructed so may be shorter.

les
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.