Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi good choice,

i can really recommend icmeler great for all ages. have a look through the forum and the holiday reiews there is a wealth of information here and if you have any questions then ask away.

sarah
Hi mabs ,need some more information please ,like what you like to do night/day entertainment ,beach /pool whatever ,quite sure you will get more replies if the members know what you are looking for . :tup

Bluepeterno1
sorry forgot to give some info 2 adults we are both in our forties dont do raves but like to have plenty nightlife to try ...like to go s/c
like to do a lot of sightseeing ... old towns and the likes.. trips on boats
would prefer a beach to a pool
what is it like to hire a car?

thanks tokmak and blueperterno1

thanks mabs
Icmelor seems like the place to me also . The beach there is not all that sandy but it is better than marmaris you can get boat trips from there and there is plenty good bars with entertainment , only 15mins by dolmus to marmaris where there are plenty of good tours to be had ,all the best .
Bluepeterno1
thanks Bluepeterno1

will have a look at icmeler ..could you actually walk into Marmaris or is ti too far ?

Mabs
No you can walk along the shore road lovely walk ,can take maybe one hour depending on how fast you walk ,you can also get a water taxi ,which is a boat that stops at different places along the coast,nice relaxing way to travel. :sun2

Bluepeterno1
Bodrum is also lovely, it is an old town with a castle and is the site of one of the seven ancient wonders of the world too - the Mausoleum of Halikarnasus - although there isn't much of that left... There is a harbour with loads of lovely restaurants and bars, lots of shops, a weekly market. You can do boat trips to several different places and the buses go all over the peninsular so you can visit various different resorts and villages very easily

There is a small beach in Bodrum and you can get a bus a short trip to other lovely beaches.

If you want to know anything else just ask, I used to live near Bodrum for a few years.

Kedi
Thanks Kedi ...

That sounds nice Kedi was thinking about Bodrum aswell as OH has a mate whos got a place out there ..but didn't know if it would be too dear as we would need flights and transfers ..or would it be cheaper to do a package ..we are looking at going end of august

mabs
may see how much a package is cos we will have to pay transfers aswell

thanks all
mabs
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.