Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi
You buy the visas when you arrive at Sharm airport, turn left when you get into arrivals and you will see the kiosks, they are £15.
Regarding the dolphins, i implore you to only swim in the sea with them, i know its a bit hit and miss but if you go out on a dive boat you will definitely see dolphins as they know there will be food on offer !
The captured ones are treated appallingly so dont be tempted by whatever reassurance you are given, anyway i have to say that no wild animal should be subjected to being treated as a source of entertainment, which i am sure you will agree with :sun2
Welcome to HT :tup

As Phyll mentions just buy your Visa when you arrive at the airport, you will be directed in the right direction, just hand over your passport and money all very straight forward.

IMHO flying is the best option makes a long day more bearable, you can book through your rep or from one of the excursion stands in Sharm or even DIY.

This topic will help http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10154

If you head in to the area of Sharm know as the 'Old Town' you will find as close a thing to a bazaar as you will find in Sharm, being just a tourist resort there is no such thing as a real bazaar that you may find in other parts of Egypt.
regarding dolphins you have the 2 options there is the water park so you can see tem or swim with them or even better go on a snorkerling day trip price around £18 or a sunset cruise what the hotels do. for all your other excersions i use sharm club they are one of the cheapest and you get better value for money as you do with with your holiday rep what will charge you double. http://www.sharm-club.com/ you can email them what you want to do dont need to pay a deposit just take the number and get your hotel to call them once you arrive with your room number ..remeber to ask them about the further 5% discount in your email if you book 3 or more trips with them. another hint if you book the trips early you will get them at the price even if the price goes up.
The best hope you have of seeing dolphins in the wild is by going on a dive boat. If you sail out to Bluff Point, there is a resident pod there. It is one of the most amazing experiences I ever had whilst diving and we were fortunate enough to experience this a number of times whilst diving.

Please do not go to those in captivity..by doing this you are merely funding them being in captivity longer.
Hi Sharm2011,

I went to Sharm a couple of years ago and did a day trip to Cairo independantly with my partner. We flew with EgyptAir for about £40 return each which was a lot cheaper than the £150(ish) each we were being quoted for the trip with the travel companies in Sharm.

We hired a taxi from the airport to the pyramids (get one on a meter - so much cheaper!) and paid our entrance fees when we got there. You can either look around yourself or get a tour guide.

We then got another taxi to the Egyptian Museum and spent a couple of hours there. Loads to see! Again, pay entrance fees and book a guide if needed.

And then another taxi to Khan el-Khalili for some food and last minute shopping!

It was a busy day but well worth it. And we enjoyed doing it by ourselves as we could spend as little or as much time in the one place as we wanted.

If you would rather go with a tour, do a search on Google for prices.
Here is one I found:
http://www.sharm-club.com/excursion_cairo.htm

Have fun! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.