Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
We go to Cabanas east of Faro, no more than 40 minutes by taxi from the airport.
Quiet but plenty of bars/restaurants, very authentic, no discos and a lovely beach accessed via a little boat across the river 1 euro 20 return.
Any questions just ask.
Pat
:glynis PS we are going 11th -25th Sept
Alvor and Lagos are both laid back quietish resorts (ample bars/restaurants) but no niteclubs etc and are around an hours drive from the airport.
Salema is lovely as well but that might take you just over the hour - it's just past Lagos.
Falesia and Acoteias are very laid back and Falesia beach is stunning, with miles and miles of often deserted beach. And only 1/2 from the airport. We to are 50ish and love it there.
We visited Alvor last October and really enjoyed it. We found it a good base to explore and not too far from the airport. The bar, restaurants and people were lovely and laid back. It was a great place to chill.
We stayed in Praia du vau last year,nice and quite few nice bars and restaraunts really relaxing.
i think you would like old town albufeira me and my partner are the same age as you theres bars for quiet nights and bars for rip roaring lovely places to eat but dont forget most of the algarve you dont wear high heels the streets arnt made for them fetch nice non slip flats hope this helps :wave:
Thanks to all of you for all the suggestions. We have now booked to stay in Olhos D'Agua as it is not too far from the airport and we will not be driving. We are hoping to visit some other places by bus when we are there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.