Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
first timer.
13 Posts
Hi Kath,

As far as Bulgarian phrases are concerned, there are quite a few useful resources on the internet, if you do some Google searches, e.g. HERE (where there is a musical note icon next to a word, click it to hear the Bulgarian pronunciation) and HERE (click the speaker icon for pronunciation).

You will also find a thread on the language HERE.

Baldur
  • Edited by Baldur 2007-06-01 15:04:49
I am grateful. nothing worse than going to another country and not being able to speak a word i think. Even if you do get it badly wrong! I'll have a good look at those sites.
As you are in Bulgaria now, what is the situation with regards to baby stuff, food milk etc. it is expensive, widely available??
Got to be prepared!!
Kath
Hi Kath,

I am at home in South Wales at the moment - don't go back to Bulgaria until late July, unfortunately. :wink:

I was last in Sunny Beach in 2004, so others will be able to give you more recent info.

Then, baby foods, nappies, etc., were available from Chemists & mini markets - many appeared to be unfamiliar brands - now the large cash & carry stores have stocks of brands with whch you would be familiar, so they have, hopefully, permeated into the shops in the resorts.

Baldur
What a small world, i am from South Wales, just outside Pontypridd. Ta for the info on baby stuff, best go prepared i think. Reading the reviews about Sunny Beach i'm a bit scared now, doesn't really sound like my thing, but nice to have it not far away i suppose but not be right in it. but with two small children doubt we are going to be "larging it up" anyway. more likely a nice rose on the balcony while they get some sleep.
Kath
Hi Kath,

I'm near the other Ponty, to the East of you. :wink:

The large resorts aren't really my cup of tea but many many posters on the board love them and return year after year, so they obviously suit a lot of people.

I'm sure that you'll enjoy yourselves - a holiday's what you make of it.

Baldur
Hi Kath,
I've been to Sunny Beach for the last three years and going back in July with my hubby and two children, 7 yrs and 14yrs. You can buy fresh milk, nappies and baby food in most of the mini marts. The one i go to is on the way to the port for the boat to Nessebar. I can't remeber its name but its near the Globus hotel in the centre of the resort. I can't give any info on the apartments that you have booked, but the beach is very clean and really safe for the chlidren to play on as there are always plenty of lifeguards along the waterfront. I go each year for 2 weeks, eat out every day, buy gifts, clothes, cds etc and never spend more than £600. Hope this info helps and enjoy your holiday ! :wave
Thanks so much for that info. Once i find out the name of the apartments I'll message back. So you think I'll be ok on the baby food front then. Not too expensive, its just that i have read on other forums that baby products are expensive over there, and as we are on a tight, tight budget every penny counts.
kath
Hi lubo25, just found out we are going to the Green Fort apartments. What do you think?
Kath
Hi Kath,
....its just that i have read on other forums that baby products are expensive over there

Metro Cash & Carry in Bulgaria are currently selling Pampers, as below, for 7.99 Leva (around £2.80), to give you some idea of prices.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/JP1948/Pampers.jpg
Well that just shows the quality of other forums doesn't it, cause that's not a bad price at all!!!
Thanks again.
Kath
Remember that that's a 'real' Bulgarian cash & carry price, which may well have increased by the time that stock hits the shelves in the resorts. You can get a day pass for Metro, as a tourist, your nearest store would be in Burgas.

Baldur
We can't claim responsibility for the low price, but when it comes to information we do our best.

Baldur is red hot on money matters and prices.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.