Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Great you had a fantastic time, It normally only takes the one time to go to Turkey thereafter you will go back again and again and again, Tip for you also, Exchange your Sterling at the Bank as they do pay the best rates.
Sorry I was just re reading my post and it looked like i was slating this forum. It really didn't mean to look like that :oops: what i meant to say was that some of the other members story's really do make you wonder if you have booked the right holiday and not a holiday from hell. Anyhow better go before i dig my self in even deeper ha ha :lol:

Em X
Yes we really did
A bit uncomfortable with 3 in what we were told was going to be an appartment (tiny room really not mean for 3 especially a 16yr old nephew sharing with aunt & uncle) But the hotel & staff were so nice and helpful we just couldn't move. So we just got on with it it was only base anyway some where to sleep. But i never thought to go into a bank they looked too daunting to me ( i'm such a whimp) Ha Ha

Em
rwb46, how do you find out what rates the banks actually pay?

I looked in several whilst we were in Icmeler and none seemed to display an exchange rate or any information about commission. Also there tended to be queues of locals waiting in the banks (presumably going about their normal business). Having seen how slow banks queues can move in the UK this put me off of waiting around to find out.

Cheers.
banks can be quite annoying and crowded. For bank rates try http://www.doviz.com they are pretty accurate, if you have an atm card(that doesn't charge you for foreign withdrawals) then you get bank rate. If you can find the post office in Marmaris they do a good exchange rate. the change offices are usually the worst.
Just ask the staff at the Bank they will tell you what your getting, Most of the banks all have Air conditioning on all the time so it's a good place to cool down also even if you have to queue :lol: You dont need to exchange it if you daont want to, All the banks are roughly the same rate, All the commision shops give you different exchange rates, I have heard the Post office gives the same rate as the banks also, But I havent used the Post office before.
most of the exchange places in marmaris have electronic standee's out side so that's the easiest way of seeing who gives the best rate, but dont trudge around for hours just for an extra couple of ylt. I also found that my hotel did better rates that some of the change offices we got 2.45 at the hotel & 2.43 at the offices so it is some times better to check especially as the rates seemed to be dropping so quick in the last wk we were there.
Booked to stay in new apartments Club Aida, does anyone know what the surrounding area is like, there are two families of us coming in July 2008, both with 2 children aged 10,12,12 and 14.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.