Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
oh no i cant believe this im flying to turkey in the morning!!My case is all ready over weight,i also take a small case as hand luggqage on the plane full of toiletries which weighs more than im allowed but now i will have to check it in.Oh god im going to be paying a fortune at manchester!!!I will be needing a few beers once im through!!!
Anyone else flying tomorrow,do you think it will still be bad at the airport??? :cry:
thank you for the info. We are due to fly from manchester to dalaman at 7 am tomorrow morning with Freedom Flights

would be grateful if anyone could keep us informed of situation at Manchester
Hello

Just been watching the news on tv

Lots off flights have been cancelled

According to latest news flash all flights from Greece are cancelled

I feel sorry for all those people who are waiting at the airports now with young children who flights are delayed

They even state that if you are travelling with baby's who need a bottle a fellow passenger has to taste the baby's milk before the baby can have it :cry:

They have arrested a few people but still looking for two more

Just hope its all sorted pretty soon
oh no i cant believe this im flying to turkey in the morning!!My case is all ready over weight,i also take a small case as hand luggqage on the plane full of toiletries which weighs more than im allowed but now i will have to check it in.Oh god im going to be paying a fortune at manchester!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I think you should pay to if you know already that the cases are over the limit :roll:

John thank's for the link :wink:
Daft question but i don't like flying at best of times and find reading my book helps will i be allowed to take a book on board? sorry if this sounds petty in light of what has happened today.
Im o.k Thank god im flying from dublin
No theblues,

You can't take a book onboard with you.
There is another thread going on regarding flight disruptions at the moment in the Flights Only forum, this is being updated regularly with news of events -

http://holidayforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=81406

Elaine
Thanks Elaine just heard on news no newspapers etc allowed i don't fly for anther 2 weeks so who knows however i am prepared to go without my reading material.
You can buy books after the check in in Smiths in the dept lounge. You can't take your own through.
i may be missing something here ,but can anyone tell me what the difference is between a bomb in the cabin and a bomb in the hold surely it must be as dangerous ,could somone please enlighten me

bluepeterno1
It's not physically taking a bomb on board - they're worried about people taking whatever bits and pieces are needed to make up a bomb on board in their hand luggage which could be disguised in other packaging/electrical equipment and hidden about their person... the individual could take their hand luggage/handbag into the toilet (nobody would be suspicious), put a bomb together and set it off......

Scary stuff! I hope things settle down soon :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.