Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
thanks for passing on the information, that means my flights will all be delayed or cancelled as i fly for a living.
Oh no, we are flying to Palma on 22nd at 6.10pm. I wonder if we could be affected?

I hope not, although there could be problems with having the planes in the right places perhaps! :(
Debdon I think you'll be ok - but don't quote me on it - because your plane should be in the right place for you to take off .... but I find it helpful to check real time flight departures from your airport to see what they are saying even if it's a few hours before you set off from home to get some idea of if all is well.

Do pack some snacks in handluggage and a book to make the best of any delays though. I would think that any disruption you MIGHT and I repeat MIGHT experience would be a longer flight to avoid French ATC-controlled air corridors ...
Thank you Alsacienne, at least we will be at Gatwick so will have english money, we always take books for the plane too.

We can cope with a slight detour if needs be - as long as we get there :que

Just our luck, we were rebooked in April as the Ash cloud appeared the morning we were meant to fly :(

Fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Deb.
Hi,

Just found this re French air traffic dispute.

http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3970

Obviously it will affect other airlines too, it just happens we are traveling with Easyjet next wednesday evening - well supposed to be :(
Gatwick - Palma flights would normally go through French airspace and it would be such a long detour to avoid it I'm not sure they'd bother. But since you're travelling the previous evening they ought to be able to get there and back before a strike took hold, the return flight should be clear of French airspace just before midnight French time. But when they say "don't be late because we won't wait" you'd better believe it - they won't be hanging around that evening!!
I am confused, that link above to Easyjet says disruption from 15th - 23rd september. Just looking on Gatwicks site & flights are slightly delayed but they are flying!

Even the radio is saying flights from Gatwick are likely to be disrupted today....! :que

Does anyone know any more please.

Thank you all.
.............. well certainly in my part of France there's no industrial action of any sort today ... mind you it IS a Friday so everyone's just winding down for the weekend ..... so who do Easy say is to blame for this? (OK probably the French but as far as I know the next 'industrial action' day (or more likely day of inaction) is 23 September ..............
Our local radio station has said each day since Wednesday that due to French air traffic control flights are subject to delays & cancellations.
Most flights are operating but with fairly minor delays if I understand correctly. There doesn't seem to be much info about it on the net though, perhaps because flights do not seem to actually be grounded it hasn't made the headlines :que
I have been watching Gatwick on & off all day, most flights are being subject to between 30 - 45 mins delays. Lets hope it stays that way or indeed gets better ;)
Our local radio station has said each day since Wednesday that due to French air traffic control flights are subject to delays & cancellations.

Curiouser and curiouser thought Alice ............... because even the French don't know about this French ATC inaction ............ :(
Just looking at the BBC Travel news and it does mention it in the incident report column against each airport:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/public/air.shtml
Our local radio station has said each day since Wednesday that due to French air traffic control flights are subject to delays & cancellations
maybe because theirs and various other inept editors are all relying on the same badly worded news feed and not actualy checking any facts? You can't rely on any UK media for something as detailed as this, the only way to be sure is to check airport arrival and departure lists.
Looks like all the airline folk have asked the media to help cover their backs against compensation claims. All is normal over here ...................... perhaps there's a wormhole developed over the Channel ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.