Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
HI Pipelearner

Sorry, don't think any budget airlines fly into Reus - seems to be quite a small airport. Ryanair however do cheap flights to Barcelona from Prestwick airport and it is only an hour or so transfer from Barcelona to Salou. There are plenty bus and train connections between the two places so you would be able get to Salou fairly easily. Hope this helps.
Thanks for that Skyegal much appreciated.Have you any idea what roads are like to drive on say we hired a car?

Thanks again
You could try http://www.charterflights.co.uk . They have return flights GLA-Reus from £89.

HTH

luci :wave
If you don't mind a stop at Stansted you could fly Ryanair from Glasgow Prestwick to London Stansted then to Reus. The flight from Prestwick to London only takes an hour.

It should cost lest than £50 return in total. I think it cost me about £44.

Although its a bit extra work it will save you a lot. We have added a day in London to our holiday so will add a bit more fun.

I'm doing this in a few weeks so I'll let you know how it goes.

Please let me know if you need any more info. :)
Just wanted to add this.

If you haven't booked your accomodation yet you should have a look a http://www.find-rooms.com. I have searched through lots of sites and this site seems to be a fair bit cheaper than any other I've found. We were looking at a few hotels and all of them were cheaper at find-rooms.com.

We have booked the Caribe Resort Hotel which looks very nice. It only cost £350 total for 2 for 7 nights. This includes unlimited free entry to Port Aventura for the duration of our stay, tickets for this would have cost us approx £50 each.
I've been looking at booking flight only for beginning of june 2005, can't get any accomodation prices for then think it must be too early.Wondered if anyone had any idea how much it would be for an apartment or half board in a 3* hotel for 2adults and 2 kids beginning of june next year for 2 weeks.Wondered if I would save money doing it this way but its quite difficult to tell as I can't get any accomodation prices.Thanks.
Thats a brilliant price Alan! What time of year is that for?

Ashley
The flight prices should be the same most of the year as long as you fly on Monday to Thursday while Ryanair have their 50p promotion on. Their flights are 50p each way without taxes.

We are going on the 21st september (thats if I get my passport sorted in time, I just got a replacement for my lost passport today but my labrador puppy managed to eat a chunk of it before I got home from work- so I'm was quite :evil: :wink: with her, I now need to pay £70 for the express passport service.
Hi Jules29

You should find several links to property sites in our DIY and Weblinks forums.

HTH

luci :wave
Just a couple of points... we did Salou this year flying from Heathrow for £89 per person with Iberia direct to Barcelona. I belive Ryanair also go there but it's actually Gerona they fly to. We got the train from Barcelona Airport to Salou with just 1 change at Barcelona Sants. First time we've done this and it was easy. Booked the Vil.la Romana Hotel, 4* and 15 mins walk from Port Aventura for £1150 HB for 2 Adults and 2 kids with Alpha Beds. Hotel was superb. Total holiday was £1500 for first two weeks in July. Alpha Beds and Med Hotels are worth checking but there are no hotels available as yet for next summer. I would recommend doing it this way to save a few quid... :D
Mark,

Ryanair fly to Reus as well.

It's only around £25 return per person, a lot less than the £89 with Iberia.
Mark,

Ryanair fly to Reus as well.

It's only around £25 return per person, a lot less than the £89 with Iberia.
Ryan air have now started flying to Reus from glasgow prestwick.Wish I'd known earlier as I could have saved myself a fortune doing it DIY!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.