Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
peteandsue - Thanks a lot. I'm sure it will be ok in the end.
I flew into sanford - took about an hour to get through immigration, baggage reclaim and collect my transfer ticket, and the coach to i-drive took about 45 minutes - have heard reports of people taking 3 hours to clear orlando international..

wouldn't hesitate to book via sanford again!
Three hours for orlando international - must have been a busy day!!!

Don't believe all you hear. Orlando international is great....
Used Orlando International 6 times never ever taken 3 hours to clear. Take your advice from people who have been. Not from people who have heard. Also agree Orlando International is great... :D
We have been into Orlando 2 times and had no problems at all and once we had other family members with us (my mum and my niece) and I was worried that may cause problems as she as 12 and had a different surname but didn't slow it down any.

I love the shops in Orlando - especially the NASA shop!!!!
You should have no problem with a villa on a friday. It's not the usuall saturday to saturday with flights everyday. We have a villa from a thursday and had a ton of replies
Used Orlando International 6 times never ever taken 3 hours to clear. Take your advice from people who have been. Not from people who have heard. Also agree Orlando International is great...

This timing came from:
1 person who had been there about 5 or 6 years ago
1 family who traveled there last year
and
1 family who traveled there last month..
REVBIMBO Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:17 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks goldeneye. Who do you use for your flights ?

Sorry ive not responded sooner, i tend to use Virgin, but havew used United to Orlando Unternational. When i went to Sanford ive flown Thomas Cook and Monarch.
Hi Revbimbo,

We flew to Sanford with MyTravel (Airtours) last year and had a terrible flight both ways. There was a delay of 1+1/2 hours leaving Glasgow and over 3 hours coming back from Orlando. Also the food was awful and the stewards were not the most helpful I've come across. It may have just been a one-off nightmare journey but it has certainly put me off using them again.

We have been with TCD twice and found the flights and service to be excellent. Going back in October 06 and using them again.
To anyone who's interested I have just booked a fly/drive deal to Sanford through Airtours (MyTravel) for next Feb/March for £443 per person(4 of us). And found a four bedroom villa in Crescent Lakes area of Kissimmee for £740 for the fortnight. Not bad but then attraction tickets must come on top of that. Does anyone think that's a good deal compared to their experiences ?
Hi Revbimbo :wave so glad you have booked your holiday and it seems like you got a good deal :D .My brother flew with Mytravel last year to Las Vegas and had very good flights with them.I know where Cresent Lakes is and you are only a 5 mins drive from the huge Walmart on the 192.
Sue
Hi can anyone tell me what type of plane mytravel use for the glasgow to sanford flight no. outbound MYT045 and inbound MYT 046, also would like to know the seating if thats possible, thanks!
Hi Revbimbo, your holiday sounds a little expensive :cry: by the time you add your attraction tickets your looking at about £3500! I paid £2800 for the 4 of us to go to florida, including flights, villa, car hire, travel insurance and attraction tickets! my sister and her fiancee are coming with us this year, and the total cost of our holiday is £4200 for the 6 of us including everything i've mentioned above! That's only £700 more than you'll be paying! In my experience you can't beat a package deal! Anyway I hope you have a great time! :lol:
That's interesting Solo56 , who was your package deal through ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.