America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Out of Sandford airport follow the signs to I4 Orlando.

Just after 1st set or main traffic lights you will see a left turn for expressway (toll road) I don't use that one it takes you a long way round.

If you ignore the expressway you will see another turning on the right only a matter of about 20 yards signposted Orland I4. The 1st part of this is a toll road 50cents last September but it takes you directly onto the I4. About 3/4 to an hours drive and you will see the turnoffs for Disney just take the one for the location you are looking for all clearly marked. There are several disney turnoffs all close together but if you know which area you want no problem.

Joan123
But if you are tired and jet lagged and just getting used to the driving then you really out to cut your teeth on a toll road as they are much quieter.

The 417 going south and west is the one you want from Sanford-I know it's slightly longer but till you get used to driving over there in my opinion it's much, much safer.

Disney is signposted off it-junction 3 turn right onto the Osceola Parkway and that takes you straight into Disney.
I agree. The I4 is only for those with a clear head and lots of bottle. :lol:
it takes me at least 2 days into our holiday before I feel ready to face the I4-that's the barest minimum I need to catch up with my sleep-and most times I know where I'm going-and I've driven along most of it many times.

I wouldn't dare touch it -jet lagged and disorientated and a stranger to the city.

But hey-that's just me!
Can anyone advise the best way to get from Sanford Airport to a hotel on International Drive for two adults. We dont want to hire a car.
hi, we used transportation2disney.com last year, the driver was waiting on us as we left airport, and gives you a card with contact number on it in case you need to change your return journey, cost us $160 for both journeys,i wouldnt hesitate to use them again, you could also look the mears website, they run coaches from the airport but not sure if they stop at every hotel.
airport websire provides shuttle links

http://www.orlandosanfordairport.com/taxi_limo_shuttle.asp

hope you have a lovely time.
We were able to book shuttle transfer with our holiday as we cant drive both times we were with mears you are given a voucher and you go to the mears window they tell you the coach number you are on drivers very helpful.Think they have a website if you need to book direct.Hope you enjoy your holiday once you are there make full use of the iride if you are not driving it is better to get a pass they take you all along i drive,to seaworld,dolly partons,belz and the premium outlets.Lynx buses take you to disney,mall at millenia and the florida mall.
Hi,
thinking of booking a holiday to Orlando for 2 weeks in Dec this year.
The only thing is that the tour operator don't offer transfers.
Does anyone know of a reputable company that offers transfers from Sanford Airport to I-Drive ?

Thanks in advance
Emma
Hi, thanks for all your replies.
I've checked out the links and the cheapest option for us is to go with Orlando Carriers.. $100 for 3 of us return.

Emma x
hi all
we are flying there sept08 and we are requiring a taxi from sanford airport to international drive and we have no idea how much the fare will be have you guys any idea
thanks in anticipation
osborne dave.
Somewhere between $60 and $75....plus tip. Could be cheaper if you could take a shuttle bus. Try the Mears website; mearstransportation.com
we are also going in september and are going to book a private transfer with http://www.transportation2disney.com .we used them 2 years ago and paid $160 return trip and found them to be very good...not sure how much a taxi would be but i assume it would roughly same price
I can recommend Florida Town Cars, who are usually cheaper than Mears: http://www.floridatowncar.com/, 407-422-2222.

:)
We are picking up a car at Sanford Airport it was in the package with First choice we also paid the insurance, could any one tell me if we still have to pay CDW as well when we pick up the car.

Thanks

Alan
Hmmmmmm, seems that no one has picked up a package car from Sanford, and if you have to pay CDW when you collect the Car :que So I shall find out in 30 days time & post a report of the pros & cons of the package Car :scratch:
Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.