Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi DOA,

A few more details may help someone to try to advise.

Flight only? Direct flights? Flight & accommodation? How flexible are dates?
Hi DOA, as a gentle starter, I had a flyer from Balkan yesterday, with many many offers for May and June, maybe you could peruse their web site for July offers.. Tonyt.
Tonyt wrote:
.....maybe you could peruse their web site for July offers..

None showing yet Tony.

Latest deals at the moment are for 27th June departures - e.g. Edinburgh-Burgas, 14 nights room only from £299 per person.

Flight only from Glasgow-Burgas 1st July to 15th July currently showing as £372 per person (£1376.40 for 4 pax, with web discount).
Hi DOA.

sorry to tell you but there aint no way to get a really cheap flight from Glasgow to Bulgaria only hope is last minute deals even Thomson fly usually are just as dear as the only other people to fly from Glasgow are Balkan only other way was to fly down south and then go from luton Balkan used to fly from Prestwick but no longer :wave:
Hi DOA.

have a look at todays Daily Record there are some deals in for Sunny beach should probably be able to get something from Glasgow hope this helps
Go fom Glasgow to Bourgas a few times a year, hardly ever get a bargain on that route now.
I have looked at other options, but the savings dont justify the hassle and expense of going via Manchester or Luton.

This year we are paying £180 each with Balkan in June, and in July it was £1100 for 4 of us. Flight only prices are the same for adults and children. Dont book coach transfers, total rip off. You can pre book taxi's on line or just turn up and haggle with the drivers.
But never ever make even the shortest taxi trip without nailing down the price before you get in. Dont agree when they point and say "Meter". But most of the drivers are fine, but like eveywhere there are a few sharks about.

Balkan flight times look about the best this year. Thomas cook and Thomson doing the usual through the night torture.

Hope you enjoy it, sure you will.
Hi justjoe.

have to agree that it is not worth the hassle going elsewhere to fly Glasgow is always easiest but never at bargain price cheapest we have ever managed was to book a 7 day holiday even though we already knew we were not going to need accomodation for more than 2 nights
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.