Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Between the two BA for Economy and Virgin for Premium Economy, I would never travel Virgin Economy from Gatwick(animals are treated better) and wouldn't waste my money on BA WT+ as there is very little difference between world traveller and world traveller plus, first choice of economy meals and bigger headphones is not really worth £400 extra.

I'm not saying this because I work for one of them as I recommend you price up both, but do look at the charter companies, such as Thomson Airways and Thomas Cook. Their economy offerings are not bad with a lot more legroom than BA or Virgin. Their premium economy products a lot more "special" as they don't have a business class to undermine with a better service, compared to their scheduled rivals. Admittedly they fly into SFB which a lot of people don't like due to its distance, this if offset by shorter queuing times for immigration, car rental and baggage reclaim. You will probably find for the same economy ticket with Virgin, you will be able to get Premium Economy with the charters.
penguin847,

Welcome onboard :tup
I would agree with BY-TOM-AMM-FCA. For further airline information, refer to our what Aircraft? guide (see my signature) and our dedicated airline threads.

Darren
Unlike the two other guys I'm no expert but I would agree a premium economy on a charter is far better than a scheduled economy. I flew to Florida with MyTravel in premium economy a few years back and it was excellent. Sanford airport was a breeze with the car hire particularly easy. Although we didn't do the parks the driving was easy, we used the toll roads which were worth the few dollars.
Thanks for all the replys, will take it on board. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.