Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
food (albufeira)
24 Posts
You can get burgers just about any restaurant. There are plenty British style eateries in Albufeira and the Strip. Coconuts on the Strip is very British and springs to mind. There seemed to be quite a few British style places on the pedestrianised road behind the Old Town square(the high side).

One thing you will never be short of is eating/drinking places in Albufeira, thats for certain :)

Lummie
thanx for that are they resonable priced
Shop around, but remember cheap ain't always good! Theres the usual MacDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut etc on the dual carriageway near the Town Hall. But do try and get them to eat some proper food while you are here, it would be a shame to miss out on some of the wonderful Portuguese cooking. It does not have to be fancy, plenty of Portuguese restaurants do simple stuff like lamb chops, pork loin, chicken breast etc without sauces and cook them beautifully. If you have steak, bear in mind that if you like it medium in the UK ask for medium/well done, or if you like it medium/well done, ask for well done. And if you like it well done (like my missus) ask for it ruined or cremated, otherwise you will still find it a bit bloody.
Try the american diner down the mini strip, we went there 3 or 4 tines last summer and it was great for all the family, huge potions to! :cheers
Try The Paradise bar/restaurant on the strip, good value, substantial meals, and there is a bar area for afterwards with music. There is also an excellent snack bar on the strip near Albertus bar same side that sells burgers, and massive different option cheese toasties. Coconuts 1 & 2 are good. Coconuts 1 do lots of entertainment for the children, 1 is situated just off the strip just higher up than the main crossroads down by the chemist and 2 is on the strip). Tom & Jerrys, Kilt & Kelt, Mary Annes are good value also.(situated just off the strip in the dip at the bottom crossroads, zebra crossing near Libertos/ Post office). Have a look at the website http://www.freemaps.net you can download maps with all the information on bars/restaurants/hotels/apartments with write ups as well this may give you some ideas. But also try some of the local portuguese restaurants you will be surprised how kids will adapt to the food, try the experience. Hope this helps. Cheers jayjan
its not so much the kids my husband dont like fish or sauces hes very picky :really
There are plenty of places where you will get plain fare for your hubby but good Portuguese food for the rest of you.

The Chor Bar at the very top of the Strip was doing full english/scottish breakfast (if that's your thing, I do on holiday but never at home oddly enough ;) )for something stupid like €2.50 and was popular. A little further down O'Leao does a good brekkie as well for €3.50. Can 2nd the Kilt and Kelt for food as well, had a few late breakfasts there washed down with San Miguel!

Too many places to mention but do try the local cuisine as some of it is fantastic (Sea Bass, Bream, Cataplana, Piri piri chichen etc). Pork and clams at the Costa Rica on the Strip was fantastic too. Don't suppose your hubby would like Koalas too much, they serve all sorts in there :really

Enjoy,

Lummie :tup
he likes chicken and steak maybe i should just give him liquid diet :rofl and feed the rest of us thanks :cheers
Steak Portuguese style it is then. Done in a clay dish on a bed of saute potatoes and onions topped with ham and cheese, really tasty.
Lummie wrote:
Steak Portuguese style it is then. Done in a clay dish on a bed of saute potatoes and onions topped with ham and cheese, really tasty.

No Lummie.... there's sauce on it! Mr. Super don't like sauce :que

Best steaks in town (Portuguese or otherwise) are found at Fabio's Restaurant, Cerro Branco - near the Town Hall. Huge fillets, plain as you like, or with a variety of sauces; they also do exotic meats the same as Koalas Restaurant, and pasta, lamb, chicken etc. :)
thanks he aets cuurys yes i know sauce but not other sauces like steak or pasta ;)
we had a great meal at "TOM AND JERRYS DINER" back in october.its also a great place for kids to eat.they also let the kids draw on the table cloths with crayons which keep the kids amused (and adults).
Its on the strip,half way down at crossroads,turn right at crossroads then walk along road for about a miniute and its on your right. :tup
thanks for that will try different food and places :)
Sounds like tom and jerrys is the place for you they are great for all the family and cheap to!
looks like we will be trying tom and jerrys then thanx ;)
Devlins Bar do great food as well. It is down a little side street near the middle of the strip but try and find it as the food is excellent. The Nags Head next door has a great atmosphere as well. I cannot remember the name of the pubs on the main strip but I think it was something Star on the main but I am sure someone will remember. Molly Malones at the very top of the strip is a great place as well. They served great food up to about 9pm. The Emerald Isle at the very top of the strip is also an excellent place with a great atmosphere.
hi we are back now and tried tom and jerrys it was nice but you only got small portions so then we tried paradise bar we never had a bad meal you got more than you could eat and free drinks in there bar afterwards they do a mean mixed grill for 6 euros 50 it was beautiful and the waiter fabio makes you laugh
Did you enjoy the Portuguese steak and so on SB? And how did Mr. SB get on, with the grub?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.