Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Just got back from calella a couple of hours ago The resort is absolutely overrun with these young "footballers". They are very noisy and boistrious. There are loads and loads of them. Most are just been teenagers but some did cause problems throwing water of balconies onto people have drinks at the terrace bar . We had to unplug the phone because they were phoning room to room. Make sure you lock your room even if you are in the room as they seem to loose their bearings and come charging into your room excepting to see their mates only to see middle age couple(scary for both parties involved :evil: ) And try and work out what time they are going to eat at the hotel because its like a mass scrum and everthing but a few lettuce leaves will be devoured in minutes and the rest of the guests have to wait till the chefs get over the shock
They did not ruin our holiday. But it is best to be forwarned if you have thousands of youths running around(we had over 200 in our hotel alone) it is not going to be very peaceful. Take earplugs for sleeping and try and work round them. Most of the day they are kept busy with the matches and general they did quieten down by 1am at night.
cc
We had the same problem in Malgrat at the end of September 2002 with a kids football thing at The Rosa Nautica,exactly the same as what you are saying happened,phoning room to room and generally running amok through the hotel,the year before our own kids were told off for a lot less in the same place ( high jinks around the pool ) We had to endure these 14 / 18 year old Dutch and Germans for a week of our 10 day holiday and it came to a head about their last day but two when the biggest most arrogant one of the party squared up to my 17 year old 6 foot 2 son in the hotel lobby who they thought it would be clever to pick on because he wore glasses,little did he know my son had just finished a public services course which included army training and plenty of physical work. Our Matt picked him up by the scruff of his neck and whispered a few choice words to him whereby he decided it wasn`t such a good idea,neither did his cronies who soon backed down. Kids will be kids and half an hour later they were all playing volleyball in the pool as if nothing had happened.
Beware check if one of these tournaments is on before you travel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.