Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Corrine,
We go up to Platres every year and find the surrounding countryside quite beautiful. Platres itself has become rather quiet shop wise, quite a few have closed down, but the scenery is lovely. We assume you are going in the summer and in the mountains you may get some rain, we have had 3 days in 14years! :rofl
You could really do with hiring a car as there are lots of villages, churches, monasteries and other places to visit. :gluck
Amber and Karl :wave :yipee
Check out our review for this hotel HERE

If anyone else has stayed here, then please add your review to help our members.

Thanks

Kath x
Hi Corrine,

I've been to the Forest Park a couple of times, but I've not stayed there (a former colleague of mine went to school with the owner, Hercules Skyrianides, and has stayed there a number of times).

It's what I would call an 'old world' hotel. I have eaten there and the food is excellent. It has an indoor pool, games room, library, reading rooms, sauna, jacuzzi, etc.

It's not what you would call a tourist hotel, so it's not to everyones taste. But if you're looking for somewhere to relax & get away from it all, it's a first class place to stay.

The hotel has a website at http://www.forestparkhotel.com.cy/

Regards,

Nigel (aka EPHMH)
Hello All

Thanks for your comments. It sounds like it would definitely suit us. We'd be having a hire car as part of the package so would be able to visit all the sights. Just got to persuade the boyfriend now!
Have finally got round to thinking about booking this again after our holiday to Kenya. I'm a bit concerned that we might find that it's a long journey to the main places of interest outside the mountains themselves. Does anyone have any views on this?
It is no more than 30 muniutes to Limassol, then you are on the highway to Paphos or Larnaca. You can also easily get to the coast at Pissouri.
I have stayed at Platres many times although not at this hotel. It is very easy to go and explore from there. You can get to Kykkos monastery, Kakopetria is a town over the other side of Troodos which has a very old interesting street and The Old Mill Restaurant there is famous for its fresh trout. There are loads of places away from the major tourist spots. The scenery is lovely and the roads are not busy. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Hi Corrine76
Amber and Karl here again, carolh is right when she says it's only 30min to Limassol. If you want to go over to Paphos or Larnaca just be prepared for the heat if you haven't got an aircon. car :sun The scenery is beautiful so the journey(s) would be worth it. You could even have a trip over to Polis by going norh over the Troodos and down the other side. There are some nice sandy beaches not too far from Limassol so you don't have to drive for ages :gluck
Hope this is useful, have a great time.
Amber and Karl :wave :yipee
And keep an eye out for the moufflons!
What's a moufflon? Sounds intriguing! Thanks to everyone for reassuring me that we won't end up in the middle of nowhere. I've been pricing it up with Thomson Lakes & Mountains and on DIY and it's looking to be quite expensive so I'm going to wait until we know how much our new kitchen will cost before I try and book anything.
> What's a moufflon?

Google it! But here's a piccy:

http://www.sheep101.info/Images/Breeds/mouffloncyprus.jpg

They're very timid, but can be found in a few enclosures on Troodos.

HTH, Marion
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.