Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
wow!
thanks for that, does he pick up just from olu though? we staying in ovacik, would he still pick up from there? isnt it a bit cheeky?
blimey he must spend all his day driving!!
crumpet x
I think the private beaches only pick up from Olu Deniz, not Hisoranu or Ovacik, although I'm not suprised with the cost of petrol out there. They also didn't come down to Lykia ( but that might be a security thing on the part of Lykia).

We used Lykia's taxis to take us there and bring us back. It was worth the fare though to chill in nice surroundings and have a swim in the lovely lagoon waters. :tup :sun2
Yes! They will definitely be more than happy to pick you up from Ovacik as that's where we stay every year. He has a couple of chaps who work for him and they ferry customers to and fro during the day. Usually, most people arrive at some time during the morning and leave mid to late afternoon. If you have lunch there and a few drinks and/or an ice cream plus the sunbed hire then he's grateful for your business.

If you'd prefer it, you could ask to be dropped off at the main part of Olu Deniz afterwards, have a look around and then get a dolmus back. We've done that in the past.
I've not needed to do it myself but I've heard that the dolmus will drop you round to those beaches if you ask.
I believe that's true but why stand on a crowded dolmus when the folk at Billy's Beach do regular shuttles and are happy to transport you in comfort?
wow thats fantastic! thanks for that tip!
we will make sure we defo meet billy and his beach! :sun2
thanks again
crumpet x
i may be wrong but i did not think the dolmus would take you to billys beach?? the dolmus stops at the end of the road down to the beach and does not go any further just turns round and goes back - to get to billys beach you have to head towards the conservation park and walk down and round the road that runs parralel with the parks entrance
We've just returned from Olu today after a fab 2 week holiday :( and went to Sugar Beach, the hotel reception called them for us and didnt charge anything for the call, and I know that they have also set times which go to Hisaronu, unsure if they go as far to Ovacik, but they seemed to be going all over the place in Hisaronu, however, the set return times did mean it was fairly busy, and as such those who were trying to get to Olu missed out, we ended up walking back, which wasn't too bad.

Sugar Beach is the first one in around that side of the lagoon, someone in our hotel said they went to the one at the far end called Green Park? but our hotel knew nothing of this one, although apparently its run by an English woman they said it was good too.

The only thing with Sugar Beach which is different to last year, is they now charge a 7.5 YTL charge for all day use of the kids play area, as well as the usual 5 YTL charge per bed/umbrella, but the food and drinks were reasonable considering. Definitely worth a visit, and altho the temperatures were hitting 50'c+ it felt a little cooler down there.
Thanks Yorkshire Boy and Karen - may try both of them in September
All the dolmus' that go to Oludeniz are supposed to to drive up to the Blue Lagoon too. However, when they stop at the main beach a lot of the drivers turn their engine off and everyone gets off assuming that is the final destination. If you tell the driver you want to continue on to the Blue Lagoon he will drive you up there (there is no extra charge).

You can also get the dolmus back; I think it comes about every half hour.

Hope this helps.

Strawberry
You're right Strawberry. Apparently there's a notice at the front of Dolmus's stating that they all go to the private beaches ON REQUEST so you would need to ask the driver when he pulls in at Olu Deniz. I still think it's nice to be collected though rather than taking a chance on a crowded dolmus.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.