Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Freedom Direct
4 Posts
I got a letter from my bank last week saying that the transaction i made with F/D was valid and that the money i claimed back when i lost my accomadation and tranfers would be paid back to F/D , i phoned the bank and after much disscusion we sorted the prob , i booked the same hotel i paid freedom direct for after F/D went bust through another company (much cheaper than F/D as well ) when the company made the booking the hotel said it was a duplicate booking ( although F/D had never paid the hotel ) so the hotel would use the same ref number as the one F/D had given me , when the bank went to Abta or ATOL to invesigate my case the transaction then showed up as valid , i dont know if this is the same prob for you but F/D doesnt exist i would phone the bank asap.
The bank is saying it is a duplicate transaction on the one I did in April. They are looking into it and if was done by a 'human' then the police may be called in.
Did you re book your hotel ? i have to send the letter i recieved from the second booking to the bank , the letter states that my booking is a duplicate booking thus clearing me of any wrong doing .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.