Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
You have good taste, Kay, nominating two of the best hotels in the respective resorts. If you were travelling without your sons, I would just favour recommending Hotel Angela, situated in my favourite area of Fuengirola, Los Boliches.
But with a teenager and 20-year-old in tow, I'm sure the Angela and its surrounds would hold lesser appeal than the Riviera in Benalmadena.
With the "delights" of 24-Hour Square just a short walk from the Benal hotel, I'd opt to head there with the "kids".
Where to visit? Marbella, Malaga, Morocco, Mijas, Gibraltar, Granada, Ronda and Seville all spring to mind.
You will not be short of things to do and places to see!
Hope this helps. Tony.
Good taste indeed. I would also suggest looking at the Yaramar in Fuengirola - fab position.
Thank you both for your replies.

Like you say, Tony, without my sons Fuengirola would be nice, but with them I'll possibly try Benalmadena as although they're not totally wild they like girls, beer and nightlife!

SomersetSuzie (I am from Somerset!), I've looked up the Yaramar hotel in Fuengirola, which also looks very nice, and an advantage it's 16yrs plus like the Angela Hotel and Riveria! The Yaramar hotel seems quite a bit more pricey though.

I've never been to Costa Del Sol before but would love to go. It's great to know there's lovely places to visit, as although I love lazy days on the beach or by the pool, I love to go out exploring and sight seeing too.

Kay.
Hi Kay - Have you looked at the other side of the fantastic Marina. That is Torremolinos and there are hotels all along the prom - just walk out of the hotel and straight on the beach. Lovely!. Loads going on there too.
Which ever area you choose, I am sure you will walk to either, stopping on the way for refreshments!!!

Sanji knows so much about all the areas mentioned and I hope she sees your post and adds her input.
I've been looking up the Yaramar Hotel, and I love the look of it, and am swaying towards that hotel now!
For me, the best bit about the Yaramar is the pool area which is overlooks the prom, beach and sea.
I could spend all day just looking over the balcony.
I don't know if anyone else has said it but I think the Yaramar and the Angela are sister hotels and there is another one but I remeber the name.

Happy hunting. x
I'm still dithering about these two hotels! I think I'll book the Riviera in Benalmadena this week-end, but I have read some mixed reviews in the Hotels section about the Riviera which makes me doubtful! Has anybody stayed here recently who can help me decide?!

Thank you.

Kay.
Im staying at the hotel angela in august I go every year to fuengirola and I love it...normally stay at the las palmeras...roll on aug 5th :sun2
suzy

The yaramar,angela and thr florida spa are owned by the same company...I prefer the angela as it has a homley feel, the florida is an amazing hotel,but its too expensive to stay there and it doesnt have baths in the rooms,the yaramar has no atmosphere...felt a little snobbish when we walked in..
I've stopped dithering and on Saturday I booked the Yaramar in Fuengirola. :yipee We are flying out on Sunday 1st August so it was nine weeks yesterday!
:wave Thank you heaps, Glynis, I can't wait!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.