Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I would have thought Benalmadana, Mel. Theres the Marina with its wonderful setting and great cocktail bars. There's also the disco's of 24 hour Sq and Bonanza Sq as a few Karaoke bars .
hi mel...i too agree with tinker..regards...john-doe
Personally I think that Benalmadena as the edge over Fuengirola although I like both of them. Fueng is better for shopping and there are no hills but there is so much to do in Benalmadena. Arroyo del la meil is at the top of the hill and is a lovely place for meandering round for an hour or two, there is anubundance of shops and resturants there and its a great way to spend an afternoon or evening. The paseo as some great bars and resturants and leads to the Marina which as been voted the best in the world on many occasions, you will not be bored.
I to would recommend Benalmadena to Fuengirola think it has far more to offer and a lot cleaner last time in Fuengirola about three years ago did'nt find it too clean at all.
pojo
Personally I'd go for Fuengirola. It has far more bars, shops and restaurants than Benalmadina and also has an excellent public transport system (having a main bus station) allowing people to see other areas of the Costa's without sticking to the one resort.
Benalmadina is a nice place to visit, some lovely restaurants and a nice marina, but you've much more chance of getting bored there than you would in Fuengirola.
Just my opinion :)
Hi Mel

Member's resort reports HERE and HERE may help you decide :wink:

Pippy :D
:D Hi ,never had a night out in fuengrola, so cannot comment on nightlife; I have however had a few nights out in benalmadena, it's nothing to write home about, yes there are plenty of bars, where you can go in and have a drink, but very few that have any form of entertainment. The 24 hour square just has a few grotty bars huddled next to each other, with a nightclub, - really grotty, (just my opinion), and expensive.

I can think of better places, to have a hen night, but wherever you decide, have a brilliant time. All the best. BBB.
I agree with Quakermass, You could easily stay ion Fuengirola and then do at least 1 or maybe 2 nights in Benalmadena's 24square or Harbour area.
Wouldn't cost more than 20euro's between 4 of you in a taxi on the way back.
However 24hr square can be a quite a dirty area, so you may prefer to spend your time in Fuengirola

Danny
Have you thought of Torremolinos? It's much livlier than the other two with far more shops etc. You can easily get a bus to Benalmadena or Fuengirola for a visit. We love Benalmadena (just come back) but may not be ideal for a hen party, we don't like Fuengirola they were digging up the roads AGAIN all along the front and the place is full of time-share touts who are very persistant and rude. Anyway have a good time.

Katy
I think Belmadena is your best bet because most of the nightlife in Torremolinos centres around the gay scene at the La Nogalera Complex in the centre of town!!!!
Mind you the bride to be will certainly be safe from any propositions as most of the men in the clubs are gay!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.