Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Fuengirola Info
7 Posts
Hi Stevie ... you should be able to find lots of previous discussion about Fuengirola here in this forum, either by browsing or use of the Search facility at the top of the page.

We also have loads of Fuengirola reviews available in our Resort Reports section, which you can access from the navigation bar at the top of the page.

Our Hotel Reviews section can be accessed from the navigation bar too, where you will find reviews of the Castle Beach Apartments.

But if you still have any specific questions after reading all of that, please do feel free to post here for some advice from our Costa del Sol regulars.

David :wave
Stevie,

We have stayed in the Castle Beach Apartments and had a great holiday, there was 7 of us....40,36,16,14,12,64& 62 and we found something for all of us.

The Apartments are clean and big, also very friendly, the only downside was the location to be honest. It was a good 15/20 minute walk to the main resort and the first day we went there we got lost and ended up getting a lift by a local, but embarrassing, she had to do two trips and wouldn't take any money for petrol.

The resort is great, we made some really great friends there. It depends on what you want but the restuarants really differ, you could get cheap and cheerful and also expensive, there are plenty to choose from with loads of bars. The beach is also very nice.

Let me know what you want to know.

Kind regards

Sue x
Sue,

Thanks for that, we actually like walking so don't mind walking into the town.
We would like to know will the hotel have any entertainment on at this time of year.

Also would you recommend any british restaurants and also one night we would like to have a traditional spanish night, so nice food and nice relaxing environment would be very useful.

Also if you can think of any other relevant or useful information at all please even if it is the smallest little thing i would be keen to know.

Thanks for your info so far
The weather should be pretty good at that time but can still rain.

Although i'm not familiar with your hotel itself I do know where it is. It is situated near to the new Myramar shopping centre which might be good news for the girls but not great for you. There are also cinemas in there which show up to date films in English.

There is a superb Wok buffet restaurant nearby which, as the name implies is a chinese/oriental place. The hightlight is watching them cook the food that you select from the huge choice available. I'm not a great fan of buffets but this is really fresh and great value for money.

If you cross over the motorway (flyover bridge) and keep heading straight on, eventually you will come out at the beach. There are lots of bars and restaurants to choose from, ranging from traditional Spanish, italian, indian and even a good ole fish and chips takeaway. There are a couple of bars there that have entertainment on in the evening.

The zoo is within walking distance, if that's your thing.

There is so much to see on the Costa del Sol, so for day trips I would take David's advice and use the search facility. I'm pretty sure that the Castle beach would be a pick up point for most organised trips.

Enjoy xx
Thanks senorita for such a quick response.

I really appreciate all the info you have provided, i am just trying to gather as much info as possible.

I really like the sound of WOK and will really give it a try.

I want to visit a bar called Heatherspoons because the owners are from n.ire and so am i and my parents and they would love to see the owners and have a chat.

I thankyou for all the info and anymore would be very much appreciated.
Hello, get the train from Fuengirola to Arroya de la miel, get off there and walk through the parque paloma down hill to Benalmadena main beach, then along the front (obviously stopping for a beer or three along the way) until you reach the marina. You'll have a great time and get lots of excersise.

Cheers and happy hols :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.