Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Funways are ABTA and ATOL so you have all protection if booking direct as a package. It would depend if you need advice and feel a travel agent can add some benefit. Compare the price from both and make a decision.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Thank you

We are going to see the agent on Saturday but will get direct prices before we go. :)
In fairness to the travel agent, please don't waste hours of their time on planning a complex travel itinerary if you plan to then book it direct.
No we won't do that. Funway is ringing me back tomorrow and we will probably book with them. We will know then how much we have to save and it's done and dusted - bring it on! :)
CO-OP should be able to match the price you've been quoted by funway. They can normally discount up to 10%
Laura1988 I second what 'Traveller' says > in that Funway do all the donkey work on a complex itinerary (finding all the best deals) so someone can use that itinerary and then "maybe" undercut them a few quid.
Sorry: Traveller means the agent will do all the work so you can then book direct. My mistake.

Anyway, you all know what I mean. Get someone to do loads of work (who's trying to keep their jobs), walk away and then search until you can find it a few quid cheaper online.

Only in a few years time, travel will all be online, never again will you get a personal service. It will be like all ending up at the checkout at Tescos or similar. The local butchers and bakers will have shut down and the only food you can buy will be from the 'basics homebrand' range on buy one get one free.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.