Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
We have the 10 post rules to try to stop spammers on the site. If it will allow you to pm me the link to your map please do so and I will post it for you. If not try splitting it up and I will try and pick the link up.
Have received your link Anyusernamewilldo (what a mouthful :lol: )

http://www.villaplus.com/code/CENTER/resortmap.asp?swf=gale

Please note members that it's Villa Ocra. No8 and at 7 o'clock on the map.

Thanks all :D
Thank you Glynis.

Any info on the area would be great fully received.

Gavin.
Hi Gavin,

The villa sounds ideal as it's very close to the beach, which is long and sandy. Have a look at this beach guide and you will see all the beaches between Portimao and Gale (one very long sandy beach) and the beautiful coves between Gale and the Marina at Albufeira. There are plenty of boat trips from the Marina.

Historic sites include Silves Castle, some parts of the Old Town of Albufeira, Faro and Tavira. It's possible to do a day trip to Seville but it is probably a three hour journey.

There are 2 or 3 water parks and Zoomarine all within 20 minutes of Gale.

I know the road your villa is in because last time we were out there we went to the Vila Joya for an anniversary celebration. It's the only 2 star Michelin restaurant in the Algarve - with prices to match! But what an experience!! There are lots of villas set back from the road on the same side as the Vila Joya but I can't say I noticed what was on your side as we were searching for the restaurant. There's a small car park a little further on from your villa but I think there is possibly a bigger car park for the beach at the end of the road. It's a fairly quiet area and I don't know any of the restaurants within walking distance, I'm afraid - except the Vila Joya!

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions please ask again.
Stayed round this area a couple of times. The beach is great and and can recommend the beach bars and restaurants for standard Portuguese fayre. There are a few other bars and restaurants in the area (but not a vast choice) as this is mostly villa land. Definatly an area where a car comes in handy although you are in walking distance of things, the nearby Ali Super which has a cash point is OK bit a little expensive. Vale de Parra is well situated to see most of the Algarve...most of it is under an hours drive away.

We tend to hit Lidl in Albufeira for the basics or the Continente at Algarve Shopping near Guia which is about 20 mins drive away. A visit to the nearby Fiesa sand sculptures at Pera just around sunset is worthwhile trip.
Rosie.
Villa Joya is a must! I can just imagine our youngest asking for chicken nuggets :no
It sounds like an ideal area all in all. We try to pick residential area away from bars or 'strips', so it looks a good pick.
Thank you also for the beach guide link. It was superb & Helen was amazed at its comprehensive coverage of the area.
The castle sounds great as we live near to Carisbrooke Castle ourselves and have an interest in history.
BTW Rosie. If I could get this sports car sorted maybe I could day trip Seville in an hour round trip :fly

Sunbear
Ahh the Lidl. Sounds like were sorted then! Cashpoint was a welcome piece of advice too so thank you.
Watching the sunset at Fiesta sand sculptures is another must.

Great ideas and information and we thank you all. Without the web and web sites like this we'd all be taking holidays 'by the brochure', which we all know can have dire consequences!

Gavin, Helen, Kim and Frankie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.