Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
we go there every year in september. you wont be disappointed with the weather or the area! this year we are going for 3 weeks. where are you staying?
It's inland but I think the nearest beach is Castelo. Ring any bells
are you staying in hotel or villa? and what is is called
Hi Paul,

Weather will be great in mid September, unless they suddenly get the rain they're so badly wanting (very unlikely)!

Look at this link http://www.albufeira.com/map/county/ and click on U-Z, Vale de Parra. Then click on beaches - unfortunately Castelo is one of the ones below the bottom of the map, but click the down arrow on the compass to as far as it will go. Immediately south of Vale de Parra is the beginning of Gale beach (about 12 kilometres long I think), but there are many coves and beaches between this and Albufeira, all different and all beautiful.

If you go into Albufeira, be sure to go to the Old Town. There are masses of bars and restaurants, some with sea views, and a great atmosphere.

Have a great time!
Staying at a place called Villa Licinia
Stayed in Vale De Perra this year. Its an area where car hire is a definate benefit. A number of good beaches in the area, some of which have only just been redeveloped and have one or two classy beach restaurants on them.
where abouts is it? do you have a map where your villa is?
No we haven't received a map yet. All we know is that it's a five minute drive to the nearest restaurant and has views of the sea and countryside.
when you receive a map let me know we have been going to the vale de parra/ses marias area for years so will be able to tell you about some decent restaurants etc
You must try Museu do Salgados. It is a terrific restaurant close to where you are staying, on the road from Gale crossroads to Pera, right opposite the Salgados beach turning. Salgados Rock bar is good for a beer too, virtually next door to the restaurant. tell 'em Perry sent you :wink:
we are staying here this year, not where we normally stay because it was booked up http://www.dreamvillarentals.com/properties.aspx?prop=200 anyone been there?
Hi,

I notice all the discussions were two years ago has anyone been this year and is it still as nice as it sounds?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. We have free car hire included in the deal so can drive for the right beach/sights/restaurants etc.

Thanks!
Stayed there last year and drove through the area this May and probably back there if the Style allocated on arrival deal puts us back in the area again.

Its still nice but its amazing the amount of changes you can notice in a few months still a lot of development being done. Most of the beaches in the area are only a few minutes drive from each other so you could do a reccy of the beaches and decide which one you fancy. Price of sunbed and brollys seems to have shot up from 2005.

Guia is handy to drive too for an evening meal, walking up the hill to the church gives you the choice of a number of restaurants fitting all kinds of budgets.
We spent some time around this area in June this year as we had stayed in vale de Para a few years back and its not changed a bit. Still a great area for a relaxing holiday, same restaurants etc. A car is a good idea and its a great base for exploring. Near the EN125, beaches etc. Lovely area.

Lummie :D
Thank you for your quick replies, that all sounds pretty positive.

I booked via Apollo (linked to Last Minute) as a total last resort and last minute holiday (long story!) and the apartments sold the holiday to be honest, which is one of the Style Holidays apartments!

So I didn't know too much about the area. Apparently we get a hire car included so that is a bonus and it looks like you need one.

Another question is how far is Vale de Parra from the airport and how long would it take to drive?

Cheers!
Thats what we do...book a Style holiday last minute. We go for the AOA offer...we should get a minimum of two bedroom villa with private pool and car hire. The allocations are often to the Vale de Parra area, although we don't mind too much where we end up (as long its not Albufeira). Last time we got a six bedroom villa which was overkill for the two of us.

Takes about forty minutes to drive from airport to the area.
Wow fountain of all knowledge.. thank you so much I am learning fast! We know where we are staying but no under 16's sounded great and only 6 apartments... lucky you getting huge villas, I will remember this for next time as if I like it I will be back.. I just hope the weather holds out I really need cheering up on that front!

I think I am going to have to type a whole load of notes to take with me on top tips!

Thanks again especially for quick response.
sorry another question, do they give you directions when you collect hire car and are they any good?

Otherwise was thinking of upgrading my tom tom with map for portugal.

Thanks again! :D
They do give you a map, kind of home made and verbal directions on how to get there. They can be quite confusing though. We've managed with the old fashoned road map and some of the villas as a final destination probably are not on sat nav as they may be up a local track. Depends how much the Tomtom map uprade is I suppose.

Is it the Quinta Terruta your staying at?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.