Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Sounds awful, and not in the least bit typical Drib - despite what the "rep" told you.

Shutting the stable door I know, but next time, get onto forum's like this and ask before you go, you would have got plenty of places recommended that people have tried and tested. I am assuming as there were only two of you in a large villa that you got a bit of a bargain - maybe the price reflected the state of the place?

It does not excuse what you had to put up with, but food for thought for the future.
Hi, thanks for your reply.

We searched the net for reviews on Villa Isabel before we booked but could not find any - which is why I posted on my return.

Although there were only two of us we did not get a bargain - on the contrary. We had to pay an under occupancy supplement and the two weeks (including a hire car provided and air fares) cost us £3,350!! So we were expecting something very special.

So the standard was very disappointing and the noise from traffic and dogs, the graffiti (a problem in all urban areas throughout Europe, I know), the comings and goings of maids, gardeners and pool boys, all added up to making this quite the opposite to the restful and peaceful holiday we hoped for and needed.

We asked for a timetable re all these 'attendants' but were told the timings were not set and they could all come at anytime of the day - and did! In fact one of the days the maids came we were sitting eating our lunch - it was 1.20pm. They never did much either - emptied a couple of bins, washed a couple of floors and changed the towels.

Anyway, we are glad we are able to let others know of our experience. Sites like this are invaluable and we shall never book anywhere that hasn't had a few positive reviews posted about it first ever again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.