Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
post subject
849 Posts
No smoking inside the airport whatsoever now, only outside.

Deb.
There would not be a smoking area in the airport terminal - all public places have to be totally non-smoking now.

Pippa
but don't forget this only applies to UK airports not necessarily the destination airport
There is a designated smoking area outside but alot of people smoked as soon as they were outside the building.
Tony, thank's for the rail info.

Degs.
Hi All, found this little place if you are taking off from Gatwick, book one night stay and leave your car for £10.00 per week.

littlefoxeshotel.co.uk

Just cost me for 4 adults famly room one night with breakfeast , 2 weeks car park for 2 cars £140.00
Hi guys-

Anybody used the Yotel in Gatwick South Terminal?

We've booked a few hours to get some kip after our overnight flight back from Tobago. We have to then drive back to Manchester! I know I won't sleep on the plane, so I thought this sounded like a good idea.

Cheers....
Hi,

Not used it myself but friends did last summer after an overnight flight back from Cuba and before getting a mid-afternoon flight on up to Edinburgh. They found it great for the purpose - yes, the rooms are tiny and you wouldn't want to spend any length of time awake in them but they found it the ideal solution. It meant that they could get a 3 to 4 hrs sleep, have a shower etc and finish the journey feeling refreshed. They said that it was best not to think of it as a hotel room but more like what you'd expect of a cabin on a sleeper train or ferry with a smal en-suite shower. They usually book themselves into a B&B for the night before the outward journey but said that next time they'd consider getting a late flight down from Edinburgh and booking into the Yotel instead given that we usually have to be back at the airport for an early check-in. I'm lucky - I have friends a 10min taxi ride away from Gatwick and so usually crash out at their's but if for any reason I couldn't do that I'd certainly consider using the Yotel option.

SM
Thanks for that.

Yes we're looking at it that way and booked in from 9.00am to 3.00pm. That should give us enough time to recover for the grim drive up north!
I am going to Goa on 26th jan with monarch does anyone know if its south term or north please
Hi, according to the Gatwick web site it will be South terminal.

Have a great holiday.

Deb.
Hi,
Just wondered if anybody had stayed at the Gatwick Hilton recently, especially the Larger Size Family Rooms. We're considering booking in for the night before a morning flight from South Terminal.

We stayed there about 4 years ago in a smaller room and it was quite dingy but I'd heard it's been refurbished since then

Jordy
They are doing a refurbishment but I'm not sure that all rooms have been completed yet.

I have seen the family room's and the bedrrom area is actually quite large. The one I saw was a corner room. With an additional rollaway bed I think you could get five in there. The bathroom was however of a fairly standard size. I'm not sure that they have that many of these large rooms so might be best to book as soon as you have your travel dates confirmed.
Where at gatwick North terminla can I get our luaggage shrink wrapped or cling filmed for security? I rang gatwick and they said it was a luggage shop called excess baggage who did it.............only cannot find it on the website! Anyone tell me where it is in arrivals and what the shops called, any advise if anyone has had ir done etc etc..............many thanks
Hi, you have two choices. In the South Terminal it is in the arrival area near to Costa Coffee. In the North Terminal it is adjacent to British Airways Checkins. Tonyt
Thankyou for that, is it expensive do you know?

We are doing day before check in with First Choice and noticed that one of our holdalls has a slight tear in it which would mean someone could gain access to it without too much difficulty. As we are going to Cuba that holdall in effect will be full of gifts so on the way home I can fold it up and put it in the other case as we will be bringing back way less than we went with!

just a bit skint and can't afford at mo a new holdall!
Sarah, if you log onto the following, all details and contacts are there. http://www.excess-baggage.com. Cheers Tonyt
You might consider lining the INSIDE of the crack/tear in the bag with gaffer tape or duct tape to discourage prying fingers on the outward leg.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.