Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
post subject
849 Posts
i would like to know what arrangements are going to be made now regarding meet and greet service , at gatwick , i have booked this service , cars , taxis etc cannot go the drop off zone so does that now mean we have to walk from the car parks now .
Some information is available on the GATWICK AIRPORT website, but you would be best checking the situation with the relevant company too.

David :wave
Pippy, depending on time of day, train journey is 44 mins to 1 hour.

Cheers Tonyt

Thank you Tony :tup

We've decided we're definitely going to catch a train.

Pippy :D
My son is being picked up at 3 a.m tomorrow morning for a normally 45 minute journey to Gatwick He doesn't fly until 7.20 a.m I'm hoping he'll text me when checked in, will report how it went when I hear from him.
Hi again, they were picked up at 3 a.m & arrived at 3.55a.m, they had to be dropped off on the lower level apparently, but not as bad as I thought it would be. He has text me to say he's arrived. Lucky lads, a fortnight in Tenerife!!
There was a planned change to the drop-off and pick-off areas at Gatwick's south terminal prior to this weekend's security alert. The top ramp forecourt is now only open to authorised vehicles. All passenger drop-offs are on the lower forecourt area.
I fly from Gatwick on Monday - quite pleased I decided to book the Yotel and go down on the Sunday as I'm sure there'll still be queues.
We also fly on Monday and even though we are booked into an off-site car park, we are still trying to decide how much longer we need to allow for the journey. Does anyone know if there are massive queues to get near the terminal drop off areas for the off-site buses? We have an early flight so we are already leaving in the middle of the night (well at least the motorway traffic will be less at that time :lol: )
Staying in HOliday Inn, gatwick on thursday night, is this walking distance to the airport?
Cheers
steve if you are stpping at the holiday inn gatwick its about a mile to the terminals alonf a usualy buisy road, if you are stopping at the Gatwick holiday Inn Express thats about 41/2 mils to the terminal building

wizard
Thanks for your reply Wizard, just been informed from the better half its the Thistle London Gatwick hotel.
How far is that from the terminals etc.

Thanks
That's actually in Horley slightly further away from the Holiday Inn. You certainly can't walk it. It's about 4 miles away.
Hopefully the hotel could ring us a taxi that morning, 5.00am.
Those travelling to Gatwick Airport by road are being warned to allow extra time for the journey, because of night time roadworks on the M25 .. click here for more.

David :wave
Please can anyone tell me how much suncream costs airside?

I'm having problems trying to pack mine in my suitcase as it's making it too heavy (this is the first time I've flown since the hand luggage restrictions came into force).
I need to work out whether it will be cheaper to pay for my suitcase being perhaps 3kg overweight (I've no idea how much the airlines charge) or if I should take all the suncream out and buy it after security at the airport :?

I'd be wanting a couple of factor 20s (500mls), a couple of 15s (500mls)and a couple of 8s (200/250mls).
I'm not bothered about brand names, stores own brand is fine.

Thanks.

The problem you might have is that Boots airside is not actually that big and you probably won't have a lot of choice.

Depending on where you are flying to why not wait until you get there and buy in resort. Supermarkets abroad are a great place to get suncream.

Pippa
When we went on holiday in February, we noticed there were several brands of sun tan lotions in the duty free shop including the ones you apply just once each day. I seem to remember that they were not much cheaper than the high street shops. Sometimes, the duty free shop have prices on the gatwick website.
I have just been on the gatwick website and was redirected onto the duty free site which shows a few products.

http://www.worlddutyfree.com
Thanks both of you :tup

Pippa, I'm going to Sharm, Egypt and unfortunately the suncream there is expensive :?

Sydney, I'll have a read through the suncream topic in GHE and decide whether or not to wait and buy the P20 at Gatwick.

If anyone else has noticed how big a range of suncreams Boots (airside) stock I'd be grateful if you'd let me know.

Thanks.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.