Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thread now returned after further posts removed. If you wish to query the T&Cs of this site feel free to contact admin by pm.
It might be best if we now stick to ideas for Walks on what to give as Christmas gifts.
Arent the majority of Goans Roman Catholic?

Walks if you want to take gifts take them, its a lovely gesture - notice most of the bah humbug comments are from the Men Lighten up Guys its Christmas

True very true - but the beach hawkers and shack workers (not owners) are itinerant workers from Karnataka. Any money they earn goes straight back home to Karnataka. :(
...but they will probably eat the chocolate santas :lol:
I think only around 30% of the population are Catholic, so the majority must be Hindu.
But Everyone loves chocolate don't they :o
i take loads of chocolate with me when i go (not at christmas) cadburys multi packs of snacksize etc.and keep it in the fridge.i give it to the room boy,security guard,shackboys and they all love it.also take bags of sweets for the kids.i think the christmas chocolates idea is great.i would certainly do the same if ever i am lucky enough to go for christmas.i'd like to know what they think of the mince pies!
Bushbaby ill take some with me next week and let you know :wink:
Chocolate is a universal currency,loved by all, worn by many,especially me :rofl :rofl
It shouldnt matter where the people come from, if they help you have a happy holiday who cares. I agree choccies are universal and a lovely present for Xmas :D
we have afriend in goa,when i phone her and ask if there is anything she wants taking over.....yes its chocolate,she and her children love it.
Quote Lassigirl
I think only around 30% of the population are Catholic, so the majority must be Hindu.

Christians form only 26.7% of the population now - that figure is lower than I expected. :shock: Click for demographics.
This topic was started by Walks

Hi,

I want to take some gifts with me to goa for the boys that work at the shacks and some off the sellers. as anyone got any ideas as what to take. Please help me What would you give on xmas day !!!

Can we please stick to the original topic and not digress into religious percentages.

Walks I'm sure that any gift you choose to take will be very appreciated. A lovely thought.
Walks all the boys at the shack and the children absolutely love chocolate. (particularly Cardburys for some reason, they think its very posh I think :lol: ) Its the first thing the boys at the shack ask me when I arrive :lol: and they are so grateful.
A small gift like chocolate is a nice gesture and harmless, its not a lot to us but means the world to them. I always take several big bags of lolly pops and the hugh smiles from the small Indian children on the beach when I hand them out makes it so worthwhile and rewarding.
As a " universal currency" I've known chocolate work wonders when checking in at the hotel :wink:
Sorry I think this might be :offtop
:)

Thank you everyone,
I am armed with me chocs and lollies and other little items of fun,Now shall i give them out xmas eve or xmas day :lol:

:wink:
Pip
x :pele
Christmas should be for everybody despite what religion they are.

Giving presents wether at christmas or anytime gives pleasure to the giver and the receiver, in my case i would rather give than receive,but you can only give so much out here, it is impossible to give to everyone and some will be disapointed.

Merry xmas to all ( and you Max )

Mike
MAX you always make me laugh ....merry christmas hunni ....colleen.....http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif
Hi all arrived back very late or very early depends which way you look at it Monday morning after flight delayed approx 10 hours (hope any one else on the same flight got home okay), kids loved the chocolate santas and lolly pops. We gave them out on Christmas Day. Had a wonderful Christmas in Goa so different from the commercial rubbish at home, everyone joined in the celebrations. We've always stayed at home for Christmas in the past but we fully intend to go back for Christmas again. It would seem that the true spirit of Christmas still exists after all! :D The only thing I missed was my three older children who stayed behind.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.