Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Trainers always go down well.
Did I read that right?? :zip
"Seasonal Wishes" :shock: for the workers in the shack.

A bus ticket back to Karnataka for the sellers.
:rofl that`s about what I would give too Max
Walks I think its a lovely gesture although I wouldn't go spending too much money. Maybe just get selection packs or small bars of Dairy Milk. They love our chocolate.
Bless ya Walks it's a nice thought! Ignore the others!! (Except Elliebee)
:(

Thank you for your replys, i was thinking along thoes lines ellibee or sweets. We must remember they are all Gods children!!!!

:) Pip
X
:pele

If anybody else as any ideas they will be very welcome. :D
Ignore the bah humbugs walks :wink: its a nice gesture that will be appreciated i am sure.Those shack boys work really hard tending to us lot! :D
have to say that we were followed both in Mumbai and Goa by kids and teenagers and asked for chocolate- so it sounds like that would be a popular gift. Just don't give out in front of the beach sellers :lol:
The MD sells bars of english chocolate in their gift shop. Of all the little gifts i gave to the local kids chocolate was the one their eyes lit up at! :lol:
Ive packed some nets of chocolate santa's and some decorated jelly lollies (christmas tree, snowman etc) thought the kids might like them.
Lisa you can buy Kitkats etc out there but have you tried them? Yeughhh not the same as here.

Love your idea Arpora Kid of the Xmas theme chocolates :)
Walks
I want to take some gifts with me to goa for the boys that work at the shacks and some off the sellers. as anyone got any idears as what to take. Please help me What would you give on xmas day !!!

These people are Hindus, and if you had any respect for their culture and religion you would have given them gifts in November.

That is when they celebrate Divali - a time of giving gifts. :lol:

Why do you feel compelled to force your Christian beliefs on them? :(
Perhaps they are happy to celebrate with folks of a different religion to them Max? One of the things I have enjoyed in travels is learning about different religions and I've found its not a one way street.Locals are happy for you to join in their celebrations, and love to find out what being a Christian means as well( though I have to admit that I'm not the best person to ask :lol: ) If they don't want chocolate I'm sure they won't feel forced to take it.
It's a nice thought Walks.
I agree Fiona
And am sure anyone in Goa would be pleased to receive a gift at Christmas, whatever their religious beliefs, and can't see how it is pushing our Christian beliefs on them.
To the best of my knowledge the Goan communities have a mutual respect for each others traditions, and many village festivals are often shared.
Children Walking Tall take gifts to the slum children at Christmas and by the look on their faces they are just very happy.
After all isn't everyone pleased to receive a gift :D
Arent the majority of Goans Roman Catholic?

Walks if you want to take gifts take them, its a lovely gesture - notice most of the bah humbug comments are from the Men :roll: Lighten up Guys its Christmas :kiss
:oops:

Thanks for your surport girls, And Bah humbug to all the Scrooges out thereI have got bars of choc to give out on christmas day, also things like little water pistols, crayons, tooth brushes pencil sharpers and thing like that, I will have great pleasure in giving these little bits out, The people there give me so much pleasure and bring a smile to my face I would hope to bring a smile to there faces
and yes i think lot of them are catholic Ellibee and we are hoping to go to church with frances & martin that own the shack called TGI fridays, Looking forward to that also. Now i am thinking of taking mince pies too :lol:

Merry christmas to everyone one of you.

Pip
x :pele

Lisa you can buy Kitkats etc out there but have you tried them? Yeughhh not the same as here.

Hi elliebee
:wave Nope i didnt, love kit kats! :lol:

Well said Fiona, lassigirl and elliebee. Agree with you ladies all the way.

Max, with respect you need to lighten up a little.When i give gifts to the local children in Goa it is at any time of the year. It didnt cross my mind that i was disrespecting their religion or beliefs. And as for forcing my Christian beliefs on to them, do me a favour. :shock: I would never do that! I, like walks just get pleasure from giving and wanting nothing in return. Just love being in Goa so much, and life is too short to be so damn serious.

All the best walks :wink: XX
I don't know many people in Goa, but I have Hindu friends here in England, and you can take my word for it that they celebrate Christmas, not as a religious festival, but as a holiday. Their children always get presents on Christmas Day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.