General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
HI Juby! :wave:

I was talking about the very same thing last week to one of my friends because I often look
like Alice Cooper on a bad day in summer! :haha

Last year I bought one of those mazzies that you put on and it's supposed to be everything proof
and lasts for days - like a dye but it isn't sort of thing????
Paid about £10 for it too - can't remember the name of it, but it wasn't up to much at all. :(

I was advised to go to Superdrug and buy a Miss Sporty waterproof mascara for £2.99. :really

It seems that Miss Sporty does alot of mazzies, but this particular one comes in a pink tube.
She (my friend) reckons that this mascara is the mutts nutts and said it's also been
recommended in a few ladies mags...

But check, because they do a *normal*one and a waterproof one in the pink tube.
To remove the waterproof one, she said to use baby oil. (I normally use baby wipes.)

Sorry for the ambiguous details, but that's how I was told by my friend!

And if I don't see you again before you go - have a fab holiday! :cheers
Hi Juby, I can never be bothered with mascara on holiday and always get them dyed the day before I go - much easier ;)

Have a great holiday! :cheers
I dye my own lashes with a kit. Put vaseline on your lids to stop staining and use an old mascara brush instead of the silly plastic stick they give you.

The kits are quite cheap too. You don't get thicker lashes but they do look darker and more defined during days round the pool, without melting all down your face :)
Thanks girls, milly, will definately get the miss sporty one I think, as £2.99 is a steal !
Also, as I wear glasses and am short sighted , my eyes seem to look smaller, so its all about the length of the lashes !
Having said that, I might still do a d.i.y tint job as well !
I WILL make my lashes look like paintbrushes if it kills me, just another step forward to looking like a 'euro chic' babe ! lol !
thanks again girls, and happy hols to all you that are going soon x
cheers,
juby
Hi Juby

Mascara I love is dior blackout waterproof, it makes your lashes 100 times longer like spiders legs, I swear by it, just bought one last week, lasts for ages, 18 quid though, but money well spent, I love dior make up, I wear specs too, and your right my boyfriend thinks my eyes look smaller, dont know why that is,
Hi,

Like Auntypink, I dye my own lashes, then sometimes use an eyelash curler then clear mascara - no panda eyes! (And you don't have to take the mascara off). ;)

Worked a treat for me in may.

Deb.
Hi
I always use Max Factor Aqualash Waterproof Mascara costs £6.99. It stays on in the pool etc, You need oily based eye pad removers to get it off though !!!!!!
M
I dyed my lashes once but I didn't like the end result.
I need the mazzie to give my lashes volume - they're long(ish) but not very thick.

Debdon, if I dye my lashes and then do the same as you, would my lashes look thicker do you think?
Hi,

Well, the clear mascara does give a bit of length. I don't have long eyelashes, but I definately look as if I am wearing mascara, espescially if I curl first - give it a try, other than holidays I don't normally wear any make up so I do look different.

Deb.
It's not the length I need though, it's thickness...

Oh dear, why am I chuckling as I type this... :oops:

:haha I'll get me coat>>>>>>>>>>>>..
Ooh, Milly I know just what you mean! :rofl

Even without mascara curling helps open up the eye area (hark at me going all make-up artist!) but I'm not sure how long that lasts in the heat. Do they frizz, I wonder? :D
I swear by Maybelleine volume express waterproof. I even wear it in the pool, makes your lashes thicker and longer. Think it's 4.99 from superdrug or asda :) Use eye make up remover pads to get it off, about 99p from any supermarket.
I also love the Max Factor waterproof mascara. It makes my lashes look longer.

Getting it off was a problem until I read somewhere that actors such as Joanna Lumley use that cream 'Astral' to remove their make-up (stage or ordinary). I now use that to remove it, or I use Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish (but that I only buy once in a while as it is over £10).
Baby oil works just as well, and is gentle on the pocket. :tup
I bought some of that Miss Sporty mazzie today that I mentioned earlier on up there ^^^

If I get up in time to put some slap on before I go to the car bootie, I'll report back on
it's wearability later. :tup
im also looking for a mascara thats totally waterprrof as i spend alot of time in the pool :cheers
Well, I got up late (4.50am :really ) and was going to put some slap on but I was dashing
about too much, so I still haven't tried the new mazzie yet.

But I'll definitely try it tomorrow and let you know if it's any good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.