Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Girona to salou
5 Posts
Hi Debbie,

We stayed in Santa Susanna (Costa Brava) a few years ago and I decided to drive to Port Aventura for the day...we survived it, but it was one heck of a journey. Although its practically 'Motorway' driving all the way, its quite some distance.

I'd only recommend it if you intended staying in or around Salou for your stay, or better still break the journey and stay outside barcelona on the way down and on the way back..though that might hit your 'readies' a bit !

If you considered staying totally in or around the Costa Brave I'd recommend Santa Susanna from where tyou can get the direct train into Barcelona (Sants) and if you wish change to get into Salou. Bit of an ordeal, but it may suit you better .

For car hire I'd recommend 'www.solmar-online.com'

All the best,

Tom
Cheers.
Still undecided. Love Salou but any holiday is better than none. Do you know any resorts with a sandy beach?
Debbie
hi debbie we go to girona and use a firm called giro transfers from the airport you email them tell them the date you are going flight times and destination they email you back with a quote if acceptable you email them back print off confirmation and they meet you at the airport hope this helps
jan
hi debbie try calella theyn have a beautifull sandy beach that streaches for miles you can also use girotransfer from girona to calella
jan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.